Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I woke up on a king-sized bed still in my dress, the only source of light came from a fire place on the other side of the room, a couch sat in front of it. I frowned at the fur type blanket covering me as I sat up before looking over as a click sounded from the door. It opened and Jason appeared with a smile." hello, my sweet princess" he started toward me and I got up before moving away from him. He stopped and let out a sigh" I'm not in the mood for games Victorian, now be a good girl and sit back down or I'll be forced to harm you, which I don't really don't want to do".

" where am I" I demanded and he sighed before flicking his hand out as if shooing away a fly. I felt my body fly side way before I landed on the bed. I was not aware of the pain in my arm until I made contact with bed. I cried out in pain as he walked toward me with a frown before reaching out and snatching my wrist." this will be easier if you just hold still and relax" he told me before looking down at my arm.

" you never answered me" I pointed out but he ignored me. I winced as my arm started burning, causing me to look down just in time to see the bruises disappear." I see no reason to answer you, when your never leaving this room". He pulled the blanket over me.

" Why did you bring me here, what do you want with me" I asked and he smirked.

" The future of the entire vampire world relies on you becoming Queen, for years I waited for you, the child who would be my end. I had planned in the beginning to simply just kill you, but then...I came up with an idea. What If I could somehow control the legend and so I waited until you were born and safely hidden, but not completely."

" what do you mean"

" I found you when you no more then a year old Victorian" He traced my cheek and chuckled as I pulled away from his touch." I fed you my blood, watched over you from then on...waited in the shadows until the very moment my spies told me you had disappeared. I just knew that soon enough we would meet but then...I saw the way my brother looked at you, the way he acted around you"

" your brother?" I mumbled confused and he let out a loud laugh before getting up and walking toward the door." you truly know nothing Victorian Grayson, your precious Alexander is my twin brother." I sat there staring at him in shock and he went over to the fireplace." while my wonderfully gifted brother got everything handed to him, I was left in the dark. When it was time for our father to choose who would be crowned, he chose Alexander over me."

" but I don't understand, if Alexander is your brother that would make you a vampire, why do hate my kingdom, your own kind" I asked

" because my sweet princess, the legend also foretells of you making a choice"

" what is this legend everyone keeps talking about" I asked and he sighed before glancing at me." you should rest, we have spent long enough talking about matters that do not matter" He walked back over to me and I frowned" why won't anyone tell me" I asked suddenly exhausted.

" because you are not meant to know until the time is right" he whispered as my eyes slid closed" sweet dreams, Princess Victorian Grayson." then I drifted off into a surprisingly dreamless sleep.

Third Person POV

As Jason left her laying there he couldn't help but wonder why she had not been told of Alexander's birthright, after all her life was tied to every choice that would need to be made, he needed to treed carefully. Back in the room, it was as if a mirage had disappeared inside the room. The dark painted walls faded away along with the carpeted floor, the couch and the fire place disappeared to reveal an empty room. Wilma was no longer laying on a king-sized bed with blankets wrapped around her but was chained to the floor by her ankles, curled up in a ball. Her dress was shredded and her hair was knotted and tangled. She was fast asleep unaware of the illusion placed on the room around her. Finally the door transformed to reveal a wooden door with a barred window, the lock sealed tightly with magic, making her escape almost impossible.

Outside the sky had darkened, cloaking the whole word in a shadow.

Wilma's POV

I woke up to the sound of the door opening but I was to tired to move, instead I pulled the blanket tighter around me....that was until I remembered where I was. I sat up and looked over to see Jason watching me" good morning, my sweet princess. You must be hungry". I noticed the tray in his hands and my stomach betrayed me by letting out a sound that sounded like a dying moose.