Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Good news....I found the exit

Bad news....I got caught

As my kidnapper paced in front of me, I stared at the floor. The other guy, sat at a desk, staring at me like I was a science experiment and it was starting to bother me." What is your name" the one at the desk asked but I didn't answer." We're not going to hurt you" he told me but I didn't believe him." Why should I believe you, either of you"

" because right now, we're the only ones keeping you alive"

"Why, because you think I'm someone I'm not, if your going to kill me just do it, its better then going back to a family who treats me like nothing more then dirt " I snapped. A loud smack sounded throughout the room and my cheek stung, reaching up I touched it as he snapped back" listen here little girl, if you do as your told then you may have a chance of surviving" the next thing I knew I was pinned to the wall by my throat, I fought for air as he continued "But remember this, all it would take is a little flick my wrist and your life would be extinguished, so you better remember not to speak that way to me" tears filled my eyes and I nodded.

"That's enough Alexander " the one at the desk snapped and he dropped me. The one at the desk stood up and walked over to me, he leaned forward and placed a hand over the bruise that was starting to form. I started to feel sleepy and he smiled "Sleep well Wilma South, and may the moonlight always shine upon you" then I fell into a deep sleep.

Alexander's POV

"Is it her" I asked after I had taken her back to the room we were keeping her in. Mentor turned around with a frown before sighing" send word to King, we've found her" I nodded and left to do as he said. Finally, after weeks of searching. Mentor had healed the bruise on her cheek and the scraps she received from when we caught her in the entrance hall but I didn't blame her for feeling angry, but the little brat needed to learn when to keep her mouth shut about things she didn't understand.

Wilma's POV

I sat in the dark room pulling against my reshackled wrist. I kept trying until finally the bedpost started coming loose. I smiled as I almost had but at that moment the door knob clicked and I looked up as the door opened to reveal Alexander, that cloak was starting to make me wonder if he even had eyes. He walked over and removed the shackle" you best get a good days sleep, we're leaving at dusk for the castle" I froze wide eyed.

" Dusk, but-"

" we're traveling by vampire time, not human, don't worry you'll get used to it soon enough"

" no, I want to go home, I'm not going to some castle" he stopped at the door and without looking at me he said " not like you have a choice, your destiny was written long before you were born, its your birthright to one day be queen of the vampires"

" no, I'm human and my destiny is to graduate highschool, and get away from my adopted family, I'm not destined for anything other then to a life under someone elses control. I tried to believe in more then who I was and it all faded away the day they told me I was nothing and that my parents didn't want me."

" then tell me where you got the ring we found in your backpack"

" I found it in my locker, I don't know where they come from, they just appear at random times but I never really get a chance to look at the gifts because my step-sisters search my backpack and take things from it" I told him looking at my hands. Something landed in front of me and I looked up to see my backpack." Thought you might want this back." He opened the door and turned to me" this door will be locked and gaurded so don't even think about trying to run away again, understand" I nodded and he left. I curled into ball, tears in my eyes.