5: We Shouldn't Bring the Kids Into This- But Tommy Had Other Plans

His eyes glared violently for a trace of where the group went, the voices once again screaming at him to kill them all. Heaving a breath to try and silence the voices- more of an attempt to ignore the repetitive babbling- , he shoved the letter in his pocket and started to search. He didn't find Wilbur anywhere, not even a trace of him besides the struggle by the letter's last grounded spot.

He turned back towards the house quickly, almost running. He slammed the back door open, Phil startled in reaction. Techno's face screamed worried, which was new for the cold faced man. He grabbed the crumpled letter, handing it to Phil when he'd closed the back door and guided his way across the living room. Phil skimmed the cursive writing, looking back up at Techno just as worried as the man himself.

"That's not enough time." Phil said, eyes seeming to strain as he stared back down at 'three days'.

"What are we gonna do?" Techno asked, focusing on the other's facial expression.

"We're gonna have to give in, we can't let them kill him."

"Kill who?" Tommy asked, seeming to come from nowhere.

"No one, go back to resting." Techno dismissed, walking blanky to Tommy. "Come on, Theseus."

"I'm a big man, I don't need anymore sleep." Tommy protested, looking proud.

"Big men need sleep." Techno spoke, gently pushing against the small of Tommy's back, which had no injury.

"But you never rest when you look like this." Tommy frowned, starting back to his room in a huff.

Techno turned back to Phil, guiding his way over.

"We should wait till the sixth day. Did they give us a meeting place?" Techno asked, unaware of just how terrible that decision would be.

"Yeah, I agree with that." Phil said, finally folding the letter back up before setting it on the wooden coffee table.

"We shouldn't bring the kids into this."

-

When Techno told the blond child to go to his room, he didn't. He'd instead, stood in the hall and listened. He heard them talk about their plans, how they were going to go head first into the army of men- take down the Green God, whoever he was. How they were going to get Wilbur back if it cost one, or both of them their lives.

Upon the mention of the boy's older brother, he realised what all of this meant. The Green God had Wilbur, and wasn't going to give him back without casualties. Tommy needed to be a part of this.

Once hearing that Techno was going to bed, Tommy practically Olympic style sprinted to his room, only then regretting the amount of arm movement it had taken as his back stung almost as though it were to bleed again. He rested in a sitting position on his bed, posture straight as it hurt when he hunched from the skin stretching.

The sound of Techno's loud footsteps was enough to make him jump up to turn off his light in a hurry, because knowing Techno, he'd open the door and ask why his light was on.

Slowly, Tommy laid down and finally took in the information he'd heard from Techno and his father. Despite claiming he was a big man, tough enough not to cry ever, tears started to unwillingly fall from his blue eyes, muffled heavy breathing following in pursuit. He may never see his brother again.

That was when he decided; he would do anything to get him back.