8: "I love you."

With his heart pounding, mind racing, and plan stuck in his mind, the youngest of the family snuck out through the same backdoor that Wilbur was last seen at.

He missed his brother, how badly he'd try to protect the boy from harm- fighting his father. How he'd greet him in the mornings, or give him a noogie that would mess up his hair every so often. How he laughed at Tommy's braces when there was something stuck in his tooth that he couldn't quite reach, or when he would gently rest a hand on Tommy's shoulder and ask him if he needed anything.

He shoved those thoughts away; he needed to stay focused.

He noticed Techno's rather large bootprint in the mud, and shivered as he started to follow the tracks. He was really doing this. He was really going against Techno- the man he was most afraid of- 's word, and helping in a battle he secretly knew he stood no chance in winning all by himself. Sure, when they- if they- all made it back home alive, he'd get scholded to death, told how he should never have done that- especially with his injuries- and grounded to his room for the rest of eternity.

He pushed on despite knowing better, eyes digging into the dirt to find the next muddy print. Techno would be so mad at him for what he's doing, but also proud he'd actually learned tracking from his training.

He stopped, seeing the corner of Techno's bold red cloak. With quick movements, he quietly slid behind a tree, one eye peeking over at the Blood God. Techno quickly turned, his speeding pace continuing with Phil following close behind.

Tommy noticed that Phil had a large set of black wings on his back, and stopped to wonder how he got them- they looked like the cloak he always wore- before continuing to follow the muddy boot prints, the pair now out of the boy's sight.

He think he spotted the army before Techno and his father, the tall wall that an archer stood on, the two survivors of Techno and his own battle, a man standing in front of the handful of fighters on the grass, tall and proud, face covered by the same white mask Tommy had seen marked on the letter Techno threw away.

That was really when he thinks it hit him, right when he really saw how- stupid- big, and strong not only the Green God was, but also the army which seemed to go on for ages.

"Holy shit, this is- this is real." Tommy hummed, at pretty much a loss for words.

His heart had started to speed up- his previous plan seeming feeble compared to the entity he saw up on the kingdom's wall. His breath seemed cold, now.

"Dream." Techno engaged, his greeting monotone as his hand hovered his netherite sword.

"Glad you could make it, Technoblade." the green clothed man spoke.

Tommy noticed they all seemed to wear the same outfit- a green jacket with white lace over top of a white button up, green dress pants reaching down to white combat boots. Tommy looked down to his outfit, seeing his normal red and white hoodie, beige cargo shorts accompanying red and white sneakers. He scoffed, the green army's men looked dorky.

"Did you happen to bring the cargo?"

'Cargo?' Tommy thought, a brow raised. Techno hadn't mentioned cargo back when he was talking to Phil- who also seemed confused.

"I did not." the Blood god responded, still.

"Then I'm afraid I cannot give you back the boy you oh so desire." the green god shrugged, stepping back a foot.