11: "I Love You Too, Techno."

It had been about five months since Techno's murder. Tommy had been healing, yet he wouldn't let go of the cloak that Techno had been wearing for so long. No one minded, he deserved this at the least.

Tommy hadn't visited the grave at all, but he knew he had to at some point. He figured now was as good as any to do it- though he had learned he had a whole "till the world ends" to do so. 

He cursed under his breath at the freezing weather, wrapping the thick cloak around his body to try and keep some heat in. His shallow breaths came out as fog against the sky, his washed hair frozen at the damp parts. He could care less about his appearance and what not, he was here to finish his healing process. 

He saw the grave before even entering the large graveyard, and didn't have to read to know it was his. Tommy remembered deliberately asking for the mask to be set next to the grave; Techno rarely left for anywhere without it on.

The blonde stopped at the foot of the grave, reading the message carved into the stone.

Technoblade B.
Loved uncle and friend.
Jun. 1, ____
Oct. 27, 20__

It was so simple, yet just seeing the name engraved sent a wave of emptiness through Tommy. He stood there, and took in a deep breath. He had so much to say to this man, but couldn't find the words to say it. He still felt so horrible when he thought about the cause of the graved friend.

"Hey, Techno." he spoke quiet, his once puberty high voice now a lower tone, dulled from that day. "I'm- I'm sorry it took so long."

He tripped over his own words, a lump in his throat as he closed his eyes for a moment to hold back the wave of tears he knew were coming.

"I miss you." he said as he bit his lip, his straight lips frowning in an ugly manner. "I'm sorry, I really am. I wish you were still here, I really do."

One tear, then another, until he could no longer see the world in a clear manner- almost like the his eyes were an ocean other than in colour.

"I really should have listened to you." his shoulders shook with each silent sob, breath hitching.

He still blamed himself, but he had been to counseling since then to help in his healing- on recommendation from Wilbur.

"My therapist says I shouldn't blame myself, and while I know that I just..." he paused, taking a moment to breath in order to calm his breathing and crying. "What would have happened if I, y'know- just hadn't been there?"

He could hear Wilbur calling him an imbecile faintly, and let a quiet laugh escape.

"Wil would call me stupid for thinking that way, telling me it is what it is and what's happened happened. I know you rather this way then if I were the one in the ground, but it's still crushing to look at your room and you no longer come out with your heavy boots and stern face." he chuckled at his description. "I love you too, Techno."