five ;

[ DIDN'T REALISE THAT I NEVER PUBLISHED CHAPTER 5 AJSHSIS MY BAD AHAHA ]

Evening arrived, and Taehyun still hadn't went to see Beomgyu in Jangjun's lab. He genuinely didn't want to see the boy until everything was resolved, and hoped that things would progress smoothly. He was leaving the gym, about to head to the cafeteria to eat, but he saw Changuk outside his room, struggling to take his key card out his back pocket. He seemed to sigh in frustration and Taehyun laughed ss he approached him.

"Here." Taehyun quickly took the card out and scanned it so that the door opened. "I'll wait for you so that we can go down for dinner together."

Changuk smiled, raising his hand to ruffle Taehyun's hair. "Thanks, angel. I'll just take my jacket and phone, then we can go."

Taehyun stood in the doorway so that the door didn't close while Changuk hurried to pick up his jacket. "Where's your phone?"

"On the shelf by the door, it's easy to grab," Changuk answered. Taehyun took it, stuffing the device into his pocket with a cheeky smile. Changuk huffed, reaching for Taehyun's pocket but failed. "Give my phone."

"I don't want to," Taehyun giggled stepping backwards to leave the room, but the door had closed so they were trapped together in the room unless Taehyun scanned the card, which was in the same pocket as the phone.

"Tae, come on, enough games, let's just go," Changuk said, poking Taehyun's side and making him laugh. He stepped forward, pressing Taehyun against the door as he tried to take the phone out the pocket, but to no avail. Taehyun laughed as he squirmed his body go stay out of Changuk's reach, but stopped when the taller placed a hand to his waist. "Taehyun."

Taehyun looked at him, his eyes big as his cheeks slowly burned a soft pink. Changuk stared down at him, and he could feel his heart rushing. Taehyun gulped, his head tilting on instinct as the space between then became smaller and smaller. The grip on his waist grew tighter as he did one quick tug to pull Taehyun closer.

Their lips met in a quick kiss, meeting perfectly in the middle as they tilted their heads enough for the kiss to be comfortable. Changuk pulled away first, but Taehyun was quick to rejoin the embrace, putting his arms around Changuk's shoulders to draw him closer. The second kiss was deeper, more passionate as their tongues fought with one another.

Taehyun suddenly felt a gun click as it was pressed against his abdomen and he raised his hands on instinct to prove surrender. Changuk stepped away, still pressing the gun to his abdomen. "You've fallen for the enemy."

Taehyun frowned, a sound of confusion escaping his lips. "Changuk, what—"

"You still love Beomgyu, and I refuse to be one of the guys on the side," Changuk said, his grip on the gun faltering. He put it away, as he was just using it to seperate themselves. "Taehyun, I know you… loved me at some point. And I loved you. But you're still attached to that damn Maverick and you'll never let him go because he really was the one for you. You two did more than just… tolerate one another."

"I don't love Beomgyu—"

"I heard everything that happened in the ICU because he's constantly being monitored," Changuk interrupted. "I'm not an idiot, Tae. Even I can tell you're still in love with him. You'll never stop loving him, and I'm guessing he'll never stop loving you. But he's the enemy, Taehyun, and once you get with him, it's rendezvousing with the enemy and it could get you exiled from Anti-Entropy."

Taehyun was quiet, because he knew Changuk was right. Beomgyu could never be trusted again, because he would always be a Maverick — right down to his core. Taehyun loved working for Anti-Entropy, and would sooner die as a Scout than leave the organisation.