six ;

Morning arrived, and Taehyun had been dispatched on a mission regarding Schicksal. Changuk was off duty due to his shoulder, as well as a few other agents due to injuries from the previous day's attacks. While he was told to rest and recover until further notice, he couldn't help but check what was happening in Lee Jangjun's laboratory, since that was where the Helios bomb was located.

He scanned his key card and the door opened, revealing the giant machine which contained the Helios interferon bomb. He looked around, his expression falling flat when he saw Beomgyu's now familiar mid-length black hair tied in a ponytail to keep his hair out his face. He sighed, bowing politely towards the two agents on either side of the room.

"Choi Beomgyu," Changuk called out, leaning against a desk. Beomgyu turned around, meeting eyes with the tall boy who just seemed to smile handsomely in his direction. Beomgyu scoffed, turning around to work on the machine again. "Oh, come on, hyung."

"Shut up, I'm trying to reach the core without detonating this thing," Beomgyu muttered. "Oh, congrats on your relationship. Absolutely broke my heart, I must say."

"Oh, Taehyun genuinely chose me? I thought he still had to make a choice," Changuk commented, sitting in the best that was dedicated to Beomgyu at the desk. "Thanks for you sarcastic response. I'll treat him well."

Beomgyu stopped his movements, the room falling silent. He looked at Dongwook snd the professor chuckled before nodding. Beomgyu took his gloves off, tossing them beside him before limping over to Changuk. He tugged a chair closer and sat across from him with a heavy sigh. "You're a piece of shit."

"At least I have Taehyun."

"Oh, fuck you, he's not some prize," Beomgyu snapped. "You just want to keep him away from me. You don't love him."

"I do love him," Changuk said with a frown. "I've always loved him. You're just the worst person he should love right now."

"He loves me."

"You're obsessed with him."

"You're obsessed with him, weirdo!"

"Maybe so, but at the end of the day, we're in love and there's nothing you can do," Changuk said, leaning back in his seat. "You can't be with him, anyways. Unless you both leave your respective organisations just for love, which I doubt will happen. You have no chance."

"I'll always have a chance as long as I'm still alive," Beomgyu chuckled, crossing his arms. "Want him to yourself? Kill me. Forcefully remove me from his life, because I'll keep coming back as long as I know he still loves me. Unfortunately, it's not within my goals to use that against him. I respect that he's trying to move on, but not with you. You don't deserve him."

Changuk looked to the side with a bitter expression. "Fine. You have 48 hours. You're dead as soon as you fix this bomb problem. I do deserve him. You better not fucking touch him, or you'll lose your life sooner."

"Try me, pretty boy," Beomgyu smirked, laughing when Changuk let his irritation show through. "Keep him away from me. I'm not doing anything to try and see him. If he somehow ends up with me alone, he did it on his own accord."

"I trust him, okay? He won't see you."

"First mistake, buddy."

Changuk scoffed, standing up from his seat and leaving the laboratory without another word. Beomgyu chuckled to himself, looking over at the professor and limped over to him and sitting beside the opening of the machine hosting the interferon. Dongwook looked at him for a moment before looking down. "You're not very smart, are you?"

"I'm very smart, I know how to departicalise Helios energy without killing everyone," Beomgyu said, putting his gloves on again. "I'm merely a fool in love. I'm not letting the damn Scouts win again. Changuk is going to die, and I know for damn sure I'm going to be questioned."