eight ;

Changuk watched as Taehyun was finally brought back to Anti-Entropy. He had a bright smile on his face as he jogged over to the boy, but stopped when Mobius put a hand to Taehyun's shoulder and gestured for him to follow her. However, Taehyun saw Changuk and pointed, perhaps telling Mobius that he'd be with her soon. Taehyun scurried over to Changuk, a smile on his face.

"You're back," Changuk smiled, gently raising a hand to ruffle Taehyun's already messy hair. "I can't believe you were taken hostage. Are you okay, angel? They didn't hurt you or anything to get information out of you, right?"

"No, I'm fine, I only made contact with one Maverick," Taehyun smiled with a shrug. "How's Beomgyu doing, anyways? Was he successful?"

"Mostly - he's still in Professor Lee Jangjun's lab right now," Changuk answered, resting his hand in the pocket of his pants. "I know you just got back, but Eric informed us of a stealth mission in Germany, and you might have to go with, since I'm out of commission."

Taehyun nodded with a heavy sigh. "I wasn't too stressed about being captured. I knew I wouldn't be killed, because Beomgyu wouldn't let me get killed. Besides, that Choi Yeonjun guy is smart."

Changuk put a hand to Taehyun's cheek, gently pressing their foreheads together. "I'm just so glad you're safe, Taehyun. It's a dangerous job we have, but knowing your skill level as a Scout, I can rely on you to stay safe."

Taehyun smiled, pulling away from the taller boy for a moment. "As much as I love how cute you're being right now, Mobius is probably going to question where I was this whole time. So let me do my job, huh?"

Changuk chuckled before nodding, stepping away from Taehyun. "I'll see you later, then. Don't hurt yourself!"

Taehyun jogged over to Mobius again, joining her as they walked to the elevator. She had a cheeky smile on her face and Taehyun knew the questions would be inevitable. "Workplace relationships aren't uncommon, but they can be quite a distraction."

"I've never let my feelings for Changuk get in the way of decsions before, and won't let it happen now," Taehyun answered with a smile.

"How long?"

"Years."

"Goodness. Have fun, then. Don't do something I wouldn't do. Well, I'm a woman, so take that as you will." The elevator doors finally opened after a few seconds of silence and the two stepped out, walking into the corridor and immediately entering the door right in front of them leading to the conference room.

"Taehyun, you're alive!"

"It's short-lived, however," Mobius said suddenly. "That agent that brought Taehyun back is acting a little funny downstairs. I've got eyes on him, but he's a little annoying with his gun and I can't have him shooting anyone."

"Funny?" Taehyun frowned. "How so?"

"He's provoking my staff," Mobius muttered, shaking her head. "Taehyun, I'd love for you to go out on the Germany mission but I need you here. I'm sure you need some mental rest from what happened to you, so the rest of your team will head out. Changuk will stay and work in the main offices until he recovers as well."

"How's the bomb defusion going, if I may ask?" Taehyun asked, crossing his arms. "I ahvent been informed of anything thus far."

"Lee Jangjun's lab is a high quarantine zone due to the Helios burst that had occured when he absorbed the Key of Helios," Mobius continued, looking over at the rather irritated professor on the side of the room. He has been relocated since his laboratory was off bounds.

"He's going through a lot of strain, according to our observations, since it is a lot of Helios is coming in contact with. However, it is being completed successfully," Jangjun said with a rather hopeful tone. "Lee Dongwook has been escorted back to Schicksal HQ since he is no longer needed."