Chapter Three

That night (Name) fiddled with the loose thread of her nightwear, the clock ticks midnight, but she couldn't find it in herself to sleep. Her day was pretty exhausting enough as it is, and her nightly routine wasn't helping it either.

These days she finds it hard to sleep, not because of her constant overthinking or fear of nigtmares. But the possibility of seeing the future through her dreams. Lately, it has been pretty hard for her to contain her abilities.

For perfectly concealing it within 6 years, it was never a weak feat. And now it's eating away her strength and will to resist it.

A sigh left her parted lips, gaze flickering towards the open window. The moon was high and bright illuminating her room. For once she pondered once again, what would have happened if the leader of Resistance hadn't found her that day, can she survive for another weeks, months, years even? Who knows.

She was a jolly member of the resistance, a comedic relief during intense situations, and she indeed, pride herself with these weird antics. The members are well fine with it, sometimes going as far as going along with it, and participating with her small pranks, especially on a certain one-eyed stave user.

She was a ball of sunshine! as Ugo described her. Falan even said that having her was a fresh breathe of air for a group filled with stinky men.

Ithnan, in all his prideful glory, clarified she's a good asset for the team, while Setta confirms how incredibly helpful she's been. Well, sometimes...

Words of encouragement, and grateful phrases were thrown left and right to counter her overthinking, but unfortunately, these are not enough to conceal the truth.

She wouldn't be helpful without her ability, she's pretty much a sore thumb sticking with the Resistance for the purpose of nothing but mere survival.

Arba and Solomon were nice enough to take her in that day, that was one of the most important events of her life, where it took a huge turn.

How can she repay these immeasurable kindness? These love and understanding they have shown so far, with little to no effort at all?

She felt the love, but how can't she reciprocate it back just as much?

The resistance was doing their tasks day and night to gather the staves, and rescue the children from the Orthodox church. This has been their task for years, led by their leaderㅡ Solomon himself.

She remembered that one time she participated on one of their mission out of her sheer will to help, despite Solomon's constant disagreement.

She was accompanied with Ithnan, Setta and Wahid. It was her first and well, final mission mainly on how badly it went.

Wahid's magic allows her to float alongside them to reach the destination faster, while Setta and Ithnan handle the combat, she was task to act as a decoy so that the one-eyed male could steal the stave.

She had one job, and yet she failed.

Being unable to use any magic, and no experience in combat she was cornered by the members of the orthodox church, they were confused....

Why is there a regular human amongst the Resistance?

Once again, she felt scared, vulnerable.

If it weren't for Ithnan meddling in and abandoning his post to save her, she could've been done for.

But in return, Setta was badly injured, and Wahid failed to get the stave. They returned that night badly beaten with an unaccomplished mission.

It was a disaster.