Chapter Twenty One

"There..." the two of them steps backward to fully assess the smaller girl up front. The six-pointed star seal glows underneath the skin just below her collarbone. It took them a while.. quite a while that is, but alas, it's finally finished.

"Does it hurt?" The female scientist asks,

"No.. it just tingle." She answered truthfully, her eyes held no fear nor curiosity, showing her full trust.

The young Villidean male smiles before patting her head, "Alright...now listen closely," his similar eyes went to assess her own, they were as gentle and kind as she remembers.

"This seal can only hold up for a maximim of 10 years.. so in order to keep its effect, you have to redo it before the 10th year strike once more. Did you get it?"

She finds herself nodding,

"I'll have the required written files enclosed in here somewhere for sake keeping, okay?" He gestured towards a nearby shelf,

"Why, are you not going to do it for me anymore?"

The two adult stills, dread started to settle in the Villidean's mind as he willed himself to smile, "Well, you see... there would be times wherein we're not present to do it for you, so you have to do it yourself."

She nods taking his words in a different light,

The male smiled at her reassuringly, "Alright, now let's get youㅡ"

Suddenly, a massive explosion was heard outside, the tremor reaching even beneath the ground where their laboratory and the library was enclosed in.

The Villidean's blood run cold but he still finds himself quickly wrapping his arms around the girl's frame as if to shield her.

The scientist on the other hand grab a hold of a nearby wall to steady herself, eyes growing wide as she realized what's happening.

The Villidean's arms tightened for a quick short while before he pulled away, he was uncharacteristically silent as he assess the small girl before him, his grip tightening the slightest.

Looking at those similar eyes, and hair reminds him so much of himself.

How he wish he could've tampered with the fate itself and risk it for her.

To Il Illah be damned.

If they were created from pure accident alone, why care for these unwritten rule, why let the fate that you're destined with caged you with no place to oppose?

Why would they let the Orthodox burn this place to the ground?

If only he persuaded everyone to fight, will they succeed? And if they didn't, was it still worth it?

These thoughts plague his mind during those short momentsㅡbut alas, he could only smile in regret.

If only its possible for him to run awayㅡfor the three of them to runaway.

But no,

The Villideans numbers were known to every single creature. 64 divine seers.

And if one is missing, it'll only be matter of time for them to tear the whole place down to the core. The Orthodox will do every means necessary for complete annihilation.

And he couldn't risk that.

He wouldn't risk that.

Especially when a lot are at stake.

His eyes flit towards the unknowing smaller frame,

It's bittersweet.

Fleeting and almost in a heartbeat: this make-believe family he made for himself would vanish almost instantly.