1

Scaramouche has a very unfortunate hobby: he likes to imagine other people in relationships. Part of this is because as a veteran shipper, he is destined to imagine fiction to its fullest potential. Part of this is because he doesn't see himself in a relationship with anyone, considering he is asexual. And, finally, part of this is because his childhood friend is desperately crushing on their shared roommate: Xiao. He just wants him to be happy, and he will do whatever it takes to make sure they end up together...even if it means working with the enemy...which, in this case, is just his former lab partner. 

"Why did you want to be a geologist all of the sudden?" Scaramouche asked, even though he knew the answer. Childe was obsessed with the geologist professor Dr. Morax. He would do anything to ask that man a question. He even switched his minor to a geology one just to take his classes. He gets tutoring sessions despite his average being a high A. He also walks in to schedule office hours every chance he can. The man was obsessed. 

"I...really like rocks?" Childe answered, staring at the picture of 'faculty of the month' on the wall. "Rocks are so nice." 

"Right..." Scaramouche rolled his eyes. "Why don't you just ask him on a date or something. It can't get any worse than this." 

"Do you think he would say yes? I'm a student..." 

"Ask him once you graduate then. Isn't this your last semester?" 

"But, do you think he'd say yes?" Childe sighed. "Wait! I never said anything about having a crush!" 

"You didn't have to," Scaramouche rolled his eyes. He took a sip of his tea and frowned. "It must be nice to be able to fall for someone so easily." 

"You've fallen for plenty of people. You just don't do anything with it."

"Oh, like you do?" Scaramouche picked up the pen Childe had stolen from Dr. Morax. "Stealing objects from the guy you like isn't acting on your feelings either. It's just being creepy." 

"I didn't steal it!" Childe reached out to grab it but Scaramouche avoided his hand. The two eventually fell out of their seats and onto the ground. "Give it back!" Childe reached for it further, not caring at all about their position. 

"No!" Scaramouche huffed, throwing the pen further out of Childe's grasp. 

"Ahem."

The two slowly turned their heads to see who was coughing to get their attention. Who else would it be but the geology professor they were just talking about? 

"If it's not too much trouble do you think you two could keep it quiet and limit the shenanigans?" Dr. Morax requested. He turned on his heel and went back into the classroom, closing the door this time. 

"He totally thinks less of me for acting like a kid!" Childe sat up and hid his face in his hands. 

"No, he thinks you were flirting with someone right outside his classroom." Scaramouche stood up and sat back down at the table. He took another sip of his tea. "I wonder if he thinks we are in a relationship now because of that." 

"What?! How am I supposed to fix this misunderstanding!" 

"That's a you problem," Scaramouche shrugged.