9

"Ahck!" Scaramouche nearly jumped out of his skin upon seeing Ei outside his classroom door. "What are you doing here?" he frowned, grabbing her arm and dragging her outside the building to a more secluded location. 

"I heard the news you have not one but two new partners-" 

"Are you going to scold me about my relationships not living up to the company standards?" Scaramouche tapped his foot, crossed his arms, and glared at his mother. "If you have such a problem with everything I do, what I choose to study in college, and who I happen to be dating, disown me or something." 

"I cannot disown my only heir to the company," Ei frowned in return. 

"Your only heir to the company is never having children so it's time you find a new heir," Scaramouche pressed his finger into his mother's shoulder. "But first give Kazuha every damn cent you stole." 

"For the last time," Ei swatted his hand away from her shoulder. "I didn't steal from his family. They lost money all on their own by signing an unfavorable contract with me." 

"What's the difference?!" Scaramouche snapped, kicking the nearest trash can. He didn't kick it hard enough for it to fall over and instead his own leg was what hurt. He frowned, rubbing his calf. 

Ei grabbed his chin and forced him to look up at her. "You get your act together and move out of that apartment or I'm cutting off all of your financials. You're such a spoiled brat using my money and not listening to a word I say. Let's see how long you last without my assistance, hm?" She let go and he stumbled back. 

"Fine," Scaramouche dropped his bag at her feet. "If you don't want to pay for my education any longer, I'll drop out." 

"Excuse me?" 

"You're not the only one who can be a goddamn brat, Mother Dearest," he slammed his heel down on her foot. 

Ei raised her hand and a loud thwack resounded. Scaramouche's ears rang as he felt the burning sensation on his cheek. "Did you just hit me?" Scaramouche asked, pressing his fingers against the side of his face. 

"Stop associating with that boy. This is the last time I'm going to warn you." She turned on her heel and left. 

"Or what, eh? You're all talk!" Scaramouche snapped. He picked up his bag and angrily walked off to the lab where he always hid away. At least professor Kaeya cared enough to be a wall to vent his feelings.