4

"Are you going to sleep out here?" Xiao leaned over Scaramouche's face. He was lying on the park bench nearby the apartment building. 

"Yeah, what's it to you? You got the boyfriend of your dreams waiting alone for you." 

"The boyfriend of my dreams gave me the keys and told me to go find you. He said he had to wait in the apartment in case you came back so he could apologize." Xiao dangled the keys above Scaramouche. 

"So, you did decide to date properly?" Scaramouche crossed his arms and closed his eyes. 

"You don't make any sense." 

"Hm?" Scaramouche opened one eye. "Why is that?" 

"You obviously have feelings for him too. Why are you trying to get us together?" 

"Don't tell me you turned down that golden opportunity because you feel bad for me," Scaramouche laughed. 

"..." 

"Are you an idiot?!" Scaramouche sat up. He wanted to grab Xiao's shoulders and shake him furiously. Did he really back out for something stupid like this?! "Go back and become his boyfriend you green-haired baboon!" He pointed in the direction of the apartment. 

"Why are you trying to get us together without any consideration for your own feelings?" Xiao sat down on the bench, determined to get his question answered. 

"Why does this matter?!" Scaramouche ran his hands down his face and groaned. "Think about yourself! Be selfish!" 

"Kazuha cares about you a lot. It hurts him to feel like there is a wall between you two for a reason he doesn't know. But, you can't just tell him the reason is that you love him, can you? I want to know why you're not telling him how you feel." 

Scaramouche was quiet for a long time. It probably would be easier to tell Xiao but he didn't want to tell anyone. It was better to take this to his grave. 

"Kazuha and I have been friends since we were children," Scaramouche leaned forward and rested his elbows against his knees. 

"And?" 

"And my family is the reason his family's business failed," Scaramouche sighed. "He doesn't blame me for it and tries to tell me whenever I bring it up that it's not my fault. But, there is some part of me that doesn't understand why he still wants to be my friend in the first place. I want him happy but I know he doesn't look at me like that so it's better if you date him. He likes you. Me confessing is a surefire way for me to get rejected." 

"I see," Xiao looked up at the sky. "So, you're just an idiot."