2

"You're here."

Scaramouche looked up from his bed. He didn't close his laptop and instead nodded, while typing away. 

"I thought you were going to the lab like you usually do," Kazuha plopped down on Scaramouche's bed and scooted next to him. "It's good to see you here for once," he smiled. Ah, yes, that smile. No matter how many times Scaramouche had seen it over the years since they'd been friends... he was not immune. 

"I had some reports to write," Scaramouche cleared his throat. "Where's Xiao?" 

"Xiao returns here less than even you," Kazuha laughed. "He is out bothering that geology professor just like you're always out bothering that one professor." 

"You're here alone that often?" Scaramouche blinked, finally looking at Kazuha. He'd been avoiding returning to the apartment because he thought that was giving Kazuha and Xiao some alone time. He didn't realize he was just leaving Kazuha alone by himself! Great, now he felt like an idiot and an asshole. 

"It's alright," Kazuha shrugged. "It can't be helped if you two require the extra help." 

"I can assure you, Xiao is not going to that professor for extra help," Scaramouche sighed, holding his face in his hand. Why was everyone obsessed with Dr. Zhongli Morax? Was he really that attractive? 

"You're probably right," Kazuha sighed, resting his head on Scaramouche's shoulder. "But, I would rather not think about who Xiao is crushing on or not. At least if he goes to Dr. Morax I know nothing can happen, right?" 

"Why haven't you told him how you felt?" 

"Well, because he is just being nice to me, isn't he?" Kazuha sighed again. "I don't want to make our living arrangements awkward if he knows I like him." 

"So, you admit to liking him now. You've grown, little Kazu." 

"You're not that much older than me," Kazuha puffed out his cheeks. 

"Hm," Scaramouche chuckled. 

"Can I sleep in your bed tonight?" Kazuha asked, snuggling up to him. 

"I think you've already determined the answer. Why bother asking if you're going to anyway?" 

"Because consent is important," Kazuha yawned. "Jus' kick me out if you don't want me here..." he mumbled, falling asleep. 

"How am I supposed to fall asleep with you in my bed? Did you ever think of that?" Scaramouche blushed, trying to focus on his homework. Kazuha wrapped his arms around Scaramouche's torso. 

"Good lord, strike me down this instant."