05: The Snow of Kilimanjaro

Y/n really isn't the type of person who goes on and confront people who doesn't play any unwanted significance to his well-being such as planning to hurt him or so. He also have tolerance when people are awed to look at his breathtaking appearance and the like. Or even spare a glance to a person who wanted to get his number with such high and mighty attitudes.

However, today was a different case. Because he was blatantly being stalked... right in front of him.

He closed the book he was holding and looked at a few pairs of eyes that were staring at him.

"Blink." He slowly said, feeling the need to disappear.

Currently in the Shibuya Central Library, the group of boys followed him after finishing his class. He doesn't really mind if it's just following closely somewhere relatively far where he can't see... but it was right in front of him.

"Y/n-chan, I think if I blink, I'll miss a millisecond of not seeing your pretty face. Allow me to savor it." Takashi joked in which Y/n looked at him with a disgusted look. "Hey, I'm kidding." He defended.

"I know." The boy responded.

"Do you have anything exciting you want to do today?" Takemichi asked.

"Well as for me, I have none. But for you all, I'd like to suggest something." He said with a mirthless smile. "It'd be more exciting if 'you minded your own business' activity."

"Y/n-chan, I'd like to hang out and get to know you better." Mikey said.

"I suggest not, hun. It might give you more problems than you should have." He advised.

"That person who attacked you was part of Moebius now. Which means he's also our enemy and your safety is also our priority." Takemichi explained.

The boy raised an eyebrow. "Moebius, huh? I guess he's never learned his lesson." He picked up the book and decided to put it back on the shelves then left.

Four people followed closely behind like tails. Wherever he went, they were just on his face being all trying hard to be not ignored.

"What did Eiji tell you?" Y/n asked as they walked through the non-crowded area of the road.

"That you're an ex-gang boss." Draken replied.

"Ex gang boss, huh? I don't think that's the proper words to describe it." He said, stretching his arms up, hearing those satisfying cracks. "I'm just a regent waiting for the king to be ready. After all, managing a gang has never been my forte."

"So, who was the ex-boss? Why did you have to become regent?" Takemichi asked. He really wanted to understand Y/n, why he didn't ask for help and why he died in that library with a smile on his lips as if it was a fitting end for him.

He wanted to stop it. Stop him from disregarding his life so.

"The former one, huh?" he muttered quietly, but was just enough for them to hear. "He was stabbed, died with a beautiful and fulfilled smile on his face." he casually replied.

Takemichi froze when he heard that. Isn't that exactly how he'll die from what Naoto described? Did he see his future death or is he talking about someone else's death?

"What do you mean? Where did they find the body?" He asked carefully.

"Takemitchy, you're quite curious today." Takashi commented.

"I-I was?"

Y/n stopped from walking making the group stop as well. She turned to look up beyond the houses on the riverside where they are looking at now, as the sun was slowly setting. "There was something written by Hemingway: The Snows of Kilimanjaro... On it, among the snow white mountain near the house of gods there was a leopard carcass. He said if he imagined his death, it would be like that. He even told me that he was curious if it was facing back to return or up higher but now I recently found out where the carcass was facing."