17. Someone's

"Sometimes, a monster has more humanity that you could ever think of."

ortunately, Y/n survived the assault and even Arthur get to see another day.

But that day will be of him in a juvenile detention. Considering the fact that he was only sixteen. Y/n also got away from heavy charges, after all he only attacked back in self defense.

Y/n slept for another three days until finally waking up to see Eiji, sleeping with his head resting on the bedside. Deciding not to disturb him, the young man got up quietly, enduring the pain on his back as he inhaled one painful breath in an attempt to lift himself with his weak arms.

His low blood pressure really made it hard for him to fully wake up, but he tried what he could and finally got himself leaning on the headboard staring at Eiji.

He didn't like the scent of hospitals at all. Reminded him a ghastly image of Ash lying on a morgue. He watched a few more minutes until Eiji finally opened his eyes and saw the young man sitting up on the headboard staring at him and holding one of his hand.

"You're  awake. You should have woken me up." Eiji told him with a smile.

Y/n shook his head. "When can we go home?" He asked.

"Well. Let the doctor decide."

"He doesn't know my body more than I do. I'm ready to go now."

"No. You'll rest in the hospital obediently like how Draken patiently waited until the doctor says he could." Eiji rejected.

"I hate hospitals."

"Bear with it. This is your only way now."

Y/n decided to accept it with a sigh in his heart. Let Eiji do what he wants. At least this obedience will be his repayment for all the troubles he kept causing whether here or in New York.

"How's Arthur?" He decided to ask instead.

"He's in a different hospital. But after his wound is fine, he will be taken to a detention center." Eiji explained.

He sat up on the bedside and reached out for the boy's hair, caressing his head softly.

"Thank you for being alive." He softly told him. A smile on his lips as he stared at the boy who seemed stunned by his sudden statement.

But the shock immediately dissipated as he looked down on his hands resting on his lap. "I'm sorry." For trying to die again and failing again.

"I'm sorry too, for not being able to be with you."

"I ruined Ash's birthday." The boy sighed.

Eiji reached out and caressed his cheek. "It doesn't matter. What's important is you, being okay."

"You're the only one I have left. Don't get tired of me, okay?" Y/n reached out for Eiji's hand and kissed his knuckles before putting his hand down on the young man's lap.

"Yes, of course." Eiji coaxed Y/n, reassuring him again and again the best he could.

It didn't take long before the boy fell into a deep asleep again. The blanket fell softly on his body as Eiji watched him, fixing the stray bangs on his forehead.

"Sweet dreams." He muttered quietly before leaving the room.

.

The next morning, it was time for the Tokyo Manji to visit.

Which is why the typical peaceful mood in Y/n's ward became annoyingly noisy no matter how blunt he says 'fuck off' most of the time.

"Y/n-chin, don't be so quick to kick us out. Let's hang out and have fun." Mikey smiled at him lovingly.