all eyes on me like i'm 07 britney

Carly groans as she stared at her phone. Yet another TMK post, this one was about whether or not she deserved to be on the Primas. Again.

She had thought (foolishly she added mentally), that after touring with freaking Selena Gomez, that people would stop doubting her. Apparently not.

She throws her phone into her pillows and flops back on her bed, a pout on her lips. It's silent in her room for a long moment before her phone began buzzing. Obnoxiously.

With an annoyed groan, she picks up her phone, expecting a placating message from Vee or even being tagged in more TMK posts. Instead there's an Instagram DM, from Miles.

miles.lennox: you're amazing. don't listen to TMK, they don't know what they are talking about.

Carly bites down on her bottom lip, a small smile forming on her face. Miles and her have been causing talking since the disastrous Red Riding Hood project. It was casual at first, but now... she wasn't sure what it was now honestly.

Some days it seems like he's flirting with her, but he's also a really really friendly guy. A really really friendly guy who was just kissing Alya a few weeks ago according to Bianca.

Shaking her head, she types a response.

carly.cat: thank u! i honestly am just gonna block them at this point lol

She stares at the message before deleting it and typing something else.

carly.cat: it's always the people who are jealous who have the loudest boos.

It's something her and Vee's old ballet teach Ms. Preston would always say, usually before competition season. Usually it's comforting to Carly, almost even a joke. Now, it just feels weird. She stares at the message again before deciding to combine the two.

carly.cat: thank u! i honestly am just gonna block them at this point lol. after all, it's always the people who are jealous who have the loudest boos.

Miles reads her message. Carly's heart skips a beat in response. She looks away from her phone, determined to not freak out.

It buzzes again.

miles.lennox: fair enough lol! but seriously tho, ur a knockout carly. like britney pre 07

And maybe it's a odd statement in how that simple reply makes her heart swoon. He's calling her a knockout.

No one, not even Austin during his lovebombing phase has ever called her that before.

Carly grins before replying.

carly.cat: 💕

Her message delivers as she throws her phone again and begins to squeal.

Frick TMK, not only was she worth it, she's a freaking knockout as well. No one could tell her otherwise.