06 | Not So Sober

"There's no way..."

"It happened, Chaewon."

"No." The said girl shook her head. "There's just no way! You like a girl you only met a few days ago?"

"I knew her a long time ago. We just got close recently."

"Same thing!" Chaewon exclaimed as she sat beside the girl. "What are you thinking, Ryu? That's impossible!"

"But I feel it!"

"How the hell can you fall in love with someone that fast?"

"Ssamu, I'm not in love!"

"Well, it's gonna go there eventually!" Chaewon rolled her eyes. "And seriously, you look like you are. You talk about this girl as if she built the stars and the moon for you."

"Maybe she did."

"Shin Ryujin!"

Ryujin laughed, enjoying her friend's distress.

"Look, can you chill? I know what I'm doing, okay? I genuinely like her."

"I doubt you do. You have waaay too many girls to attest to that." Chaewon snickered. "Besides, what about Isa?"

"Huh? What about her?"

Chaewon's jaw dropped in shock. "Dude, you flirted with her! Does that mean anything to you?"

Ryujin sighed deeply.

Kim Chaewon and Isa, they are Yuna's schoolmates from another school that Ryujin eventually became friends with when Yuna once brought them to their house. Chaewon is practically Ryujin's long lost twin since she has way too many crushes, but she's a bit of a coward to make a move. That's also the reason why they became friends instantly, because they share one thing in common: they are so gay.

While Isa, she's that sweet, innocent girl that immediately got Ryujin hooked on their first meeting. And she was probably the only one that made Ryujin take the initiative to flirt without her flirting first. She was Ryujin's crush...sort of.

Who wouldn't like Isa, anyway? Like Ryujin said before, Isa is perfect. Boys, and even girls, like her. It's no wonder why Ryujin liked her, too. Isa is an ideal girl that everyone dreams to have.

So why did Ryujin lose her feelings?

It was confusing, actually. It took her a month, only a month to be so entranced over Isa and after that, it was gone. Like it never happened.

It wasn't really a problem. Ryujin had crushes before, but she never flirted with them so it was easy to just move forward and let bygones be bygones. But the thing is, Ryujin was constantly making a move to Isa for a month, and when she finally stopped, she realized what she had just done.

She made Isa fall for her, but she can't reciprocate the feelings back. Not anymore.

Isa didn't say it vocally, but the glances, the stares that hold confusion and longing whenever she and Ryujin meet, it was obvious that the girl was baffled because Ryujin suddenly stopped pursuing her.

It was a mistake that Ryujin didn't realize, until she finally caught feelings for a new girl.

"I...I don't like her anymore, Ssamu."

Chaewon shakes her head in disappointment as she stated, "This is why I never make a move to my crushes. I know I could get over them easily. Isa obviously has fallen for you, monkey. And she's thinking that the feelings are mutual."

"I know." Ryujin said as she brushed her hair back in frustration. "I know it was my fault. I shouldn't have done it."

Chaewon just stared at her, releasing a deep breath. She patted Ryujin's shoulder and said, "It already happened, Ryu. Let's just hope that you can fix it before it's too late."