09 | You and Me, and Your friend Giselle

"Gigi?"

"Hi," Giselle smiled faintly as soon as she heard Yizhuo's voice. "Hi, Ningning…" 

"Where are you? I thought we're gonna shop together today?" 

"Uh, I'm kinda sick." Giselle answered, even faking a cough to make it believable. "I don't think I could go outside."

"What? You could've told me!"

"Uh, I'm actually telling it you right now—"

"Are you at home? Who's taking care of you? Should I go there?"

"N-no, no! Don't. Don't go here." Giselle immediately said, almost standing up from her seat. "I'm okay, I can take care of myself. I'll just need to take some rest for a few days."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Don't go here. Just…just don't. You might get sick too." Giselle uttered, her voice getting smaller and smaller. "I'll be fine. I'll see you in a few days…or a week." 

"Okay, if you say so…"

Giselle and Yizhuo talked for a few minutes more, the latter reminding the Japanese girl to eat and take her medicine on time. The call ended with Yizhuo saying that she'll miss Giselle and that she will visit her soon.

Giselle puts down her phone with a smile. 

"Okay, Gigi. Space. You need space." She told herself, sighing deeply. "You only have a few days. Use it wisely."

'Where should I go, should I stay here inside the house?'

"No, she might come here."

'Go on a trip outside the country?'

"That's a hassle, I'm too lazy for that."

'Go to parties? Like you always used to do?'

"No, I said I'm going to think, not party."

'You're insufferable.'

"The fuck do you mean by—Jesus, why am I talking to myself?" Giselle held her head. "I am going crazy, I need help."

She took her phone again and dialed Karina's number, but then deleted it immediately. Karina is not the right person. Well, she can help, but she just won't. That girl has been giving all of her attention to Winter ever since they became together. 

Minju? Yeah, no. She will only lecture her. Giselle might not learn anything aside from her sermons. Not that it won't help but, you get the point.

She has no one left but Ryujin.

The Shin Ryujin. 

Giselle heaved a sigh once again as she dialed Ryujin's number, albeit hesitantly. She placed the phone against her ear and waited for the girl to pick up the call.

"Yo, what's up?"

"Shin Ryujin…"

"I do not like the sound of that." Ryujin chuckled. "Need help?"

"Yes." Giselle nodded to herself. "I really need one."

"Okay, what can I do?"

"I want you to come with me."

"Come with you? What for?"

"I need someone, a companion." Giselle stood up and walked towards the calendar on the wall. "Are you up for a trip?"

"As much as I want to, I can't. I'm not available, I'm going somewhere with Yeji."

Giselle's eyebrows furrowed. "With Yeji?"