Chapter 6

I fiddled with the clasp on my bracelet, the drive to the restaurant was taking a while. Luca was texting someone.

"We're here." Dad announced. The sun was setting causing the sky to be a mix of pink and orange it was quite pretty, the restaurant was at a winery. Apparently it had over 10 acres of grape vines.

The chilly air nipped at my legs, I should've worn tights. I followed behind Dad and Aldo into the restaurant, "hello, we have a reservation under the name Ricci." Dad told the waiter. He nodded and showed us to a long table with many people seated at it in a secluded area with a beautiful view of the valley.

"Figlio è bello vederti!" A man who looked to be in his sixtys called out, a woman the same age followed behind "muoviti muoviti! fammi vedere la mia principessa." She demanded. They must be my nonna
and nonno. "Ah! She is bellissima." She exclaimed, and pulled me into a hug. I hadn't been hugged like this since mum passed..

Figlio è bello vederti! = Son it's good to see you!
muoviti muoviti! fammi vedere la mia principessa. = move move! let me see my princess.
bellissima = beautiful

I sat between Gio and Luca, I could feel eyes on me.

"So Audrey, how was life in Australia?" Nonno asked. He looked intimidating like extremely intimidating. "Oh it was fine." I replied. He nodded and continued his conversation with Dad and one of my uncles.

"Addiii, do you have any gummy bears? I'm hungry." Luca whispered. I rolled my eyes at him. "You're always hungry Luca." Gio scoffed. Luca shot him a hurt look. I groaned and grabbed a few of the yellow ones, they are the worst flavour in my opinion. He gave me a grateful look.

Soon, our food arrived. I was trying to mentally calculate the grams to put into my pump, (this is where being good at math comes in handy.) After putting in the correct amount I started eating, the sun had dipped beyond the valley now and the only light outside was the dull glow from the moon. 

Desert had been brought out but I wasn't that hungry, I elbowed Gio "hey, do you want this?" I asked him. "Are you sure?" He asked, I nodded. Luca looked hurt, "why didn't you give it to me?" He whined. Honestly that boy has a bottomless pit for a stomach..

I yawned and checked the time on my phone, it was 8:14 pm. I could tell that my brothers were quite bored. But I don't blame them.

One by one every got up to leave and say their goodbyes. "It was lovely to see the amazing giovane donna you have become." Nonna said as she kissed my cheeks. "Grazie nonna, è stato bello vederti." I replied. "tu parli italiano?" Nonno asked. "L'ho imparato a scuola e mia madre me ne ha insegnato un po'." I replied. My brothers expressions were priceless, except for Aldo he was smirking.

giovane donna= young woman
Grazie nonna, è stato bello vederti= Thank you grandma, it was good to see you.
tu parli italiano?= you speak Italian?
L'ho imparato a scuola e mia madre me ne ha insegnato un po'. =I learned it in school and mum taught me some.
Um google translate like fucked up some of my translations for some reason. Grrr

As we walked back to the car Luca kept stepping on my feet and bumping into me, i swear im gonna push his ass in front of a train. "Luca are you high or some shit?" I asked. He gasped, "I would never do drugs you bully." I rolled my eyes, "then stop walking into me."

This time I wasn't squashed in the back, Enzo had decided to seperate Luca and I so we wouldn't rip each other's heads off. Which was fine by me. Instead I was squished between him and Alessandro, cons of being the smallest person in your family: sitting in the middle seat. It was a long drive back home so I decided to catch up on some sleep, I yawned and my eyes fluttered shut..