Chapter 19

TW: graphic scenes, mature language

Audrey's pov:
Did I kill him?

"Don't look over there." Dante says bringing me out of my dazed state.

"Is he okay..?" I ask.

"He's dead."

"Vincenzo!" Dante exclaims

"What? It's true, did you not see Leonardo's eyeball hanging out of his head?" Vincenzo says rolling his eyes.

Alessandro begins to argue with him whilst Dante frowns, Luca just looks at the floor like a sad puppy dog.

Did he have kids? What if I just killed their dad?

All of a sudden I have that awful feeling in my stomach, it's a mix of guilt and anxiety.

I feel someone put an arm around my shoulders, and I tense up. "It's okay piccolo, it's just me." Enzo reassures me. "Can we go home?" I ask. "I'm taking you and the other four home, Dad and Aldo will come home a bit later." He says motioning for the boys to follow him.

We all squish into one of the SUVs parked out the back of the building, legs and arms squeezed in.

The minute we arrive home I run up the stairs as fast as possible to get this silly dress off.

"Stupid, stupid-" I curse while trying to get my hair out of the zipper. "Addi, stop." Luca says grabbing my hands away. "I killed him Luca." I cry out as tears stream down my face.

I cry into his chest, muffling my sobs.

It's late. Or early.

I can't tell, but dad's still not home and Luca's snoring next to me. Enzo came in earlier to see if we were okay. Well as okay as you could be after something like that.

I've kind of come to the conclusion that I must have really bad luck. Because things just haven't exactly been in my favour recently, like I got a bad mark in math which never happens.

I really need Dad to come home so I can tell him about what I saw because I didn't know how to tell Luca and Enzo seemed busy. The others are were nowhere to be seen, probably in their rooms.

I doubt anything will be the same after tonight. Especially for Leonardo's family.

Gosh I feel awful.

"Everyone in bed?"

"Last time I checked yes, Luca's with Audrey."

I leap out of bed at the sound of Dad's voice and run down the hall.

"Dad!" I say pulling his arm.

"Shouldn't you be in bed bambina?" Dad asks.

bambina= baby

"No I have to tell you something, it's important!" I exclaim. He looks at me with a puzzled look and Enzo  does the same.

"What is it?"

"I was going to the bathroom and then my phone pinged but when I checked it there were photos of me, so I started walking back when I heard voices and I think they were looking for me." I explain.

He frowns, "can I see the messages please?"

I nod unlocking my phone, but when I open the message it's gone.

"It was there earlier, I swear."

Dad sighs.

"We'll try to get the number traced but it's time for you to sleep, it's been a long night."

"I'll tuck you in piccolo." Enzo says leading me back to my room. I snuggle back next to Luca and try to shut my eyes but the feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach isn't going away. "Enzo? What happens now?" I ask wearily. "It's not for you to worry about piccolo." He assures me turning off the lamp.

hi! sorry there hasn't been a chapter in like 2 months.

this is a bit shorter but i hope its better than nothing.

opinions?

ily!