Chapter 2

Freed was at the guild very early. There was nearly no one there, with only a few of the members lounging around yawning and drink coffee. He nodded a greeting to Mirajane and picked up a random request.

A shared guild request. That was very rare. Two specific guilds with a request of members from both guilds. He would take.

Freed took the sheet to Mirajane who stamped it and wrote it down.

Freed left and headed to the station, where we took the train to his destination. There he met a certain memory mage.

"Hello. If my memory serves me right, you are Freed Justine?" Rufus greeted softly

"Yes. And you are Rufus Lore" Freed greeted back.

As it turned out, they were to do the quest together. They sat down to chat for the long ride.

Meanwhile at the Guild...

The dragon slayers were already being affected. Gajeel wouldn't leave Levy, Natsu was continuously picking fights with anyone who came close to Lucy and even Wendy was getting a little fiesty, although she was too young to be properly affected.

Laxus on the other hand, had entered the guild only to find his mate had left. 

He was sitting at the usual table emitting sparks that buzzed anyone who came close.

Bickslow and Evergreen were sitting on the side praying to dear Mavis.

What made it worse was that Laxus had found out Freed had gone with another male. His overprotectiveness went over the roof. 

Finally he couldn't wait and shot out the guild, his nose sniffing for the sweet scent of his mate.\

Back at the train

Freed and Rufus was having a lovely conversation of their favourite books and novels. 

Unbeknownst to the green haired mage, Rufus would occasionally steal looks at him, or smile whenever he laughed.

Their content and peaceful moment was interrupted by certain lightning dragon slayer smashing through the roof of their compartment of the train.

Freed looked with shock at Laxus.

"Laxus? What are you doing here?"

Laxus growled in return and with two long, quick strides had Freed in a protective clutch. He turned to Rufus.

The memory mage was looking decidedly very scared. He glanced at Freed. 

Wrong move.

Laxus stormed forward and had the Sabertooth mage in a tight griphold. He growled in his face threateningly. Lightning fizzed around.

"Hey Laxus leave him alone. He hasn't done anything." Freed said.

Laxus turned his attention away from Rufus to look at the rune mage. 

Freed smiled reassuringly. 

Rufus decided that was the moment to make an escape and immediately fled as far as he could from the lightning dragon slayer.

Laxus growled but was stopped by a soft hand from chasing him. 

Laxus pulled Freed protectively against him. No one dared go near him.

Freed sighed and looked at the roof of the train compartment. He left some jewels with a frightened train conductor and turned to the overprotective male standing next to him.

"Let's go back to the guild." 

I'm sorry these chapters are really short. They will get longer and longer, but for now they are quite short. If you have any ideas please don't hesitate to comment. Thank you!

IDEAS:  Please comment here!