Chapter 6

Laxus pushed Freed to the side as the beast charged.

"Stay there and don't move!" He roared, before charging at the beast.

Evergreen shot fairy dust at the beast, which then detonated like miniature bombs, but they didn't do any damage. Likewise, Bickslow's "babies" did nothing to penetrate the thick fur armour of the beast.

But Laxus... he sent a huge bolt of charged lightning and it definitely got a reaction from the creature, who roared and swung a thick, fluffy arm. Laxus dodged. Suddenly, ruins imprinted themselves on the pink fur, and the beast was left howling in pain.

Laxus spun around. "I TOLD YOU TO STAY THERE!" He roared.

"You don't get to control me! Just because I'm your mate, I can still, take care of myself! I wouldn't be the leader of the Thunder Legion if I wasn't capable of defending and attacking! Stop babying me!" Freed said, all the while flying around the pink creature.

"You tell him dear!" Evergreen cheered, still sending off magic towards the beast.

The beast roared and swung suddenly, smashing straight towards Evergreen. She screamed, just barely dodging a direct hit, but the blow and force sent her spinning to the side. She lay limply hanging from a tree branch.

This set Laxus off.

He roared furiously and launched a huge attack at the beast, which left the air electrified and with a burnt smell.

"What even is this thing?!" Bickslow shouted, as the beast tried to recover from the harsh attack.

"It's a Fritachilac." Freed said. "It's often a guardian for the Demon Underworld, but I don't know that it's doing here. The only way to beat it is to use pure, strong magical force. And..." Freed cut off as the Fritachilac swung it's heavy tail around, just narrowly missing him.

"What the hell?! Whatever. IT'S GONE! Lightning Dragon's: Lightning Roar!"

The Fritachilac screamed a harsh, piercing noise, the ground and air around them shaking. The members covered their ears.

"Oh gosh that's loud." Freed said, still covering his ears, trying to shake of the ringing echoing through his head.

"Wow thanks for stating the obvious." Laxus said snarkily, immediately regretting it.

"Oh really? You want to go that way?" Freed said, his tone turning dark and ominous.

"Uh.... Of course not! I was just joking!" Laxus said quickly.

Bickslow laughed. "He's got you there!"

Their banter was cut off when they heard a scream. They turned to see the Fritachilac pickup Evergreen like a doll, peering at her, with drool dripping from it's fangs. Another high pitched scream exploded from Evergreen's lips.

Freed was the first to act, launching forward and slashing with his sword, and muttering rune spells underneath his breath. Bickslow also send his dolls forwards, and they targeted the Fritachilac's eyes and nose, trying to targets it's weaknesses.

Laxus sighed. There was not stopping Freed now. He circled the creature. How was he going to kill it if there wasn't an obvious weakness? It's exterior was very strong and repelled most attacks. And yet, Freed's attacks seemed to hit it and do damage... strange.

"Dark Ecriture: Pain!" The beast roared in pain and in one swift motion with it's tail, sent Freed flying.