Chapter 9

As soon as they entered, they were hit by the smell. An overpowering smell of rotten flesh, centuries old dust, and the smell of wet socks.

"Oh my god this is absolutely disgusting." Evergreen groaned, covering her nose and trying hard to breathe through only her mouth.

"Agreed." Bickslow said, coughing vigorously at the overpowering scent. Freed looked at them, checking they were ok, before starting to move forward, poised as if there was no smell at all.

"Wait we're still going in?!" Evergreen yelled.

Freed turned back towards her. He raised an eyebrow. "If the person who has asthma is perfectly fine, then you should be to." And without any further argument, he turned and walked forwards, further into the foyer.

They rest of the legion and Laxus all internally cursed, before rushing after the green haired man.

"Is it just me, or is Freed acting a little strange and different?" Laxus asked to the others, worried about the change of behaviour.

"No it's not just you. He's usually a lot more cautious, but now... he's moving like he knows where he's going." Evergreen stated.

"I think... maybe he does?" Bickslow said, almost hesitantly, as they all looked back at Freed. He did seem confident, knowing when to turn and where to go. He finally stopped at what seemed the middle of the hotel.

"Wow..." Evergreen said, shivering at the terrible feeling of evil emitting from the area. The other shivered too, but Freed seemed utterly unaffected, standing straight in front of the source of evil.

"I had hoped it wouldn't be here." He said softly, before signing. "Looks like it is though."

"Freed.... What is this?" Laxus said hesitantly.

"A gateway. To the Underworld, where demons rule."

Sorry its very short, I've been a little preoccupied 😅
I'll try to write more and perhaps make them longer, but I hope you enjoy this short snippet!