Chapter 5

I met Harry in the Gryffindor common room. We both had our permission slips for visits to Hogsmeade village, unsigned.

As we made our way down into the courtyard I asked, "Vhy did you choose a Dementor instead of Voldemort?"

He looked at me. "Well how did you not think of Voldemort?"

"I made it up, so I vouldn't have to deal vith him. Wo knows, he might ov come back. Even iv it vas just a bogart. I'm not veady Harry. You are the vamous one vut the zame zhing zill happened to me." I paused. "You didn't anzwer my question."

"Well, I chose the Dementor because it was less of a drama, but clearly still a drama. Wait you made up your fear?"

"Yeah? So?"

"Wow! That's pretty good! That's extreme magic were talking about!"

"Yeah? I never veally zhought ov it zhat vay. I was zhinking Voldemort too, vut I made up my mind not to go down zhat road, so I made it up."

We dodged the swinging clock and ran out to Professor McGonagal. We waited until she had finished her speech.

"These visits to Hogsmeade village are a privilege. Should your behaviour reflect badly on the school in anyway, this privilege shall be taken away swiftly."

She turned to us and said. "No permission forms signed, no visiting the village."

"Look! We thought that if you signed it, then we could--" Harry was cut off.

"I can't! Only a parent or a guardian can sign it. Since I am neither, it would be unfair!" She started walking, then turned around. "I'm sorry Potters. But I can't do anything." We nodded and looked at the awaiting Hermione and Ron.

"See you later." And we went back inside. How depressing.

Before we could make it back to the common room, Professor Lupin found us and said for us to come for a walk with him. Harry and I looked at each other, but followed. He lead us out onto the bridge between Hogwarts and Hagrid's hill.

I spoke first. "Provessor, can I ask you somezhing?"

"You want to know why I stopped Harry from facing that bogart? Both of you want to know. Yes?" He paused. "I would of thought it obvious. I assumed it would take shape of Lord Voldemort. For both of you. How did you come up with that dog?" He started laughing. "It was pretty hilarious when you put that charm on it."

"The virst zhing zhat popped into my head vas Lord Voldemort, vut I decided ve veren't going down zhat trail and decided to make it up. Zo I pictured zhe dog in my mind and . . . poof. He appeared." Lupin mouth was wide open. He glanced at Harry, who nodded and looked back at me.

"Lila, that takes an experienced witch or wizard to be able to do that! This amazes me."

"It amazed me too Professor when she told me." Harry added.

"Well, yes I'm very amazed."

"I also thought of Lord Voldemort at first but then I remembered that night on the train and the Dementor."

We were both standing on opposite sides of Lupin and he looked at both of us. "I'm very impressed. That suggests what you fear the most is fear itself. This is very wise."

"Before I fainted . . ." Harry continued. "I heard something. A woman . . . screaming."

"Dementors force us to relive our worst memories. Our pain becomes their power."

"I think it was our mother," I placed my hand in Harry's shoulder. "The night she was murdered."

"You two are very close?"

"Yes, vell. We are twins and ve hav' been away vrom each ozher vor more zhan a decade."

Lupin shifted uncomfortably. "You know the very first time I saw you two, I recognised you immediately. Of course you two weren't together at the time, but still. Not by your scars, by your eyes. You have your mother, Lily's." We looked at him in shock. He knew our mother. "Yes, oh yes, I knew her."

He walked over to the otherside, I turned around, but stayed where I was. Harry just stared out at the countryside. "I went to school with her. Your mother was there for me, at a time when no one else was. Not only was she a really gifted witch, she was also uncommonly kind. She had a way of seeing the beauty in others when that person couldn't see it for themselves. And your father, James, on the other hand, he," He chuckled to himself remembering an old memory. "He had a certain, talent for trouble." This was the first time I had ever heard such detail about my parents and tears we streaming down my cheeks.

Harry put his arm around my shoulders and I leant into the hug. "A talent, rumour has it, he leant onto you two. Oh, yes I've heard all of the things that happened in Beauxbaton and of course, with Harry. But your more like them than you think, you two. In time, you will come to see just how much." We stayed there most of the afternoon even after Lupin had left.

I cried through most of it and Harry's eyes were red afterwards as well. But we stumbled up together to the common room. Arms around each other's shoulders.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Honeyduke's Sweetshop is brilliant, but nothing beats Zonko's Joke Shop. We never did get a chance to go to the Shrieking Shack. You heard it's the most--" Ron was cut off by Harry as we made our way up to the common room after dinner.

"Haunted building in Britain. I know."

We waited as the staircase switched and looked over at our door. It was crowded with people. Who weren't even in our house?! "Vhat is going on?"

"Probably Neville's forgot the password again." Ron said casually. I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey!" Neville said offended. He was standing behind Ron.

"Oh there you are." Trying to hide his bad excuse and his embarrassment. The group couldn't help but chuckle.

"Let me through, please. Excuse me! I'm Head Boy!" Percy Weasley. He was a snob in my opinion but I never mentioned it, because of Ron mainly, who was twenty four-seven around Harry. "Get back all of you! No one is to enter this dormitory until it's been searched."

Ginny came rushing through the crowd, to us. She was Ron's little sister, she was adorable and everyone knew she had the hots for Harry. "The fat lady! She's gone!" We gasped and looked at the painting as the crowd parted. It was all torn and the portrait empty.

"Serves her right. She was a terrible singer."

"Von! Zhat's olible!" I shot him a glare.

The paintings around us were in alarm, babies crying, everyone panicking about her. "Keep calm, everyone. Break into fours. Back to your common rooms." No one listened to him, no one cared.

"Be quiet! Make way!" Dumbledore and Filch came rushing up the stairs behind us. "The headmasters here! Move!"

Percy just had to add. "You heard! Move!" Oh, I'd be embarrassed to be him.

Dumbledore froze as he saw the painting and hesitantly stepped forward and brushed a hand over the ripped and torn painting back. Filch looked around at the paintings.

"Mr Filch? Round up the ghosts." Dumbledore instructed. "Tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the Fat Lady."

"There's no need for ghosts, Professor. The Fat Lady's there." Filch said pointing and everyone bolted after the headmaster as he ran up the staircases to get to the painting Filch pointed out. Of course everyone practically ran over Percy and he yelled at them but they of course didn't listen. Hehe.

"Dear Lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore asked, voice full of concern as she lifted her head hesitantly over the side of a wildebeest thingy? Her hair had all fallen out, her clothes ratty and there was mud and leaves everywhere.

"Muuu!" She cried. "Eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. It's him, headmaster. He's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!" I froze. Harry froze. Dumbledore froze. Everyone froze.