Chapter 12

We made our way out of the Shrieking Shack. Hermione and I were in front. Harry and Sirius were helping carry Ron, with his bitten leg. Malfoy was helping Lupin with Pettigrew in the back.

"I'm sorry about the leg. I was aiming for the rat." I laughed and looked behind me as Harry laughed along too. Sirius looked at me then back down to the ground.

We came up under the Whomping Willow and Lupin put a spell on it, to stop it from trying to kill us. Sirius walked over to the top of the ridge and looked out at the school. I looked over at him.

Hermione said, "Go on you two."

I glanced back. My eyes met with Malfoy who glanced up and smiled, but quickly glanced back down.

Harry and I went over stood with him. "It's beautiful isn't it?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah it is." I answered.

"Mm. I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again as a free man. That was noble thing you did back there Lila." He turned to me.

"Thank you. I just didn't vant to see my zads vest vriends end up murderers. Vesides, dead zhe truth goes vith him. Alive you'll be vree."

"You've got a nice accent."

"Thank you. I veally like it."

"I don't know if you know, but when you two were born James and Lily made me you godfather."

"We know." Harry answered.

"I can understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle but if you ever wanted a different home."

"Vhat? Come and live vith you?" I asked.

"Is just a thought. I can understand if you don't want to."

"No ve'd love to." I answer. "I've never met zhese so called Dursleys and vy zhe zounds ov it, I don't veally vant to."

He laughed, clearly pleased and hugged us both. "Harry!" Hermione yelled.

We turned around and she pointed to the moon. On no! Lupin! I must of said this out loud because Harry looked at me and then Sirius was racing up to the now shifting Lupin.

"Remus! My old friend, have you taken your potion tonight?" Everyone forgot about Pettigrew and he turned into a rat and was out of here. I saw him scamper away through some bushes. I didn't have time to run after him now. We were all too focused on getting eaten alive by Lupin. He had fully shifted now and was as ugly as ever. I'd prefer the flea bitten dog of Sirius.

"Come on." Harry whispered. We had already got Ron on his feet.

"Wait." Hermione said and walked up to Lupin. Yep. She'd gone mental.

"Professor Lupin?" He stopped whimpering and howled. He looked at Hermione with bloodthirsty eyes.

"Oh vell done." I say angrily at her.

"There you are Lila!" It was Snape. He had come at the right moment, when Lupin was about to attack.

Lupin growled and Snape turned around. He put his arms around behind him and around us. He was protecting us! Lupin striked out at him. He fell to the side making us all go with him. I screamed as Lupin tried to hit Snape again, but it was Sirius' black dog that jumped on him and protected us. Go Godfather! Go!

Lupin chased Sirius around a corner. Snape turns around to us, but Harry was already running after Lupin. "Sirius!"

"Harry!" I started out but Snape grabbed me and pulled me in. "Lets out of here!" And he grabbed me especially and we ran as best we could up to the castle. Before we started up the stairs to the castle entrance I managed to get out of Snape's grip.

"Come back here Lila!"

But I didn't listen I was going to save Harry and Sirius. I ran back to the tree and saw Harry disappear into the forest at the bottom of the hill. I ran down after him. Somewhere I took a wrong turn and I was on the other side of the lake. Sirius was in human form, unconscious and Harry was weak. There were Dementors everywhere.

I ran out to the edge of the lake. "Expecto Patronum!" The biggest Patronus I have ever created burst through the tip of my wand. The Dementors couldn't get out of there quick enough. The last thing I saw was Harry faint on the shore. I too fainted, but the last thing I remember is Snape finding me. He had seen what I had done.