Chapter 10

We entered our Dark Arts classroom classroom. "I haven't got a clue on how this map came to you two but quite frankly I am disappointed that you didn't hand it in. Did it never occur to you, that this, in the hands of Sirius Black is a map to you?"

"No sir." We answered.

"Your father never had much care for the rules either, but he and you mother gave up their lives to save you two. And gambling their sacrifice by wandering around the school, unprotected, with a killer on the loose seems to be a pretty poor way to repay them! Now, I will not cover up for you two again. You hear? Now go back to bed."

"Zir?" I said. "Zhat map showed zomeone zhat ve know to ve dead."

"Oh really? Who?"

"Peter Pettigrew."

Lupin stepped back in shock. I had said the wrong thing. "Goodnight zir." And we rushed out.

On the way back we didn't speak a word to each other. But I was thinking. First his bogart turned into a moon, then he misses the lesson on werewolves, then we had to write a paper on recognising one and I don't know whether it was just me but he kind of met up with those rules and just now Snape said, 'Walk in the moonlight?' Nah it's probably just me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

First period the next day, we had Divination. I waited for Hermione at the bottom of the stairs of the Astronomy Tower. Approaching footsteps made me look up as I pressed on Hermione's number. It was Malfoy.

"Hey." I said casually. Nice one. WhatI what?

"Hey. What you doing down here?"

"Vaiting vor Hermione. She's always late and I'm beginning to ve like her and hate Divination, zo as long as she comes late, because she could never wag a class, I vill too."

"Oh. Well I didn't see her while I was coming here."

"Vhy are you late?"

"Because . . . I don't know. I just am."

I quirked an eyebrow and smiled. "Zidn't grab any girls and zrag them into a grove and bite their vace ov?"

He laughed and looked at the floor. "No. No not this time, anyway." He laughed again. "Well, so you want to walk up with me or wait . . . "

"You can't say her name can you? Your always calling her . . . Mudblood?"

"Yeah." He replied awkwardly.

"I know vhat that means Draco, and it's really rude."

"I know. I . . . my dad . . ."

"Vhat about your dad?"

"He hates this school. He hates Dumbledore and he hates it not being pure bloods. I guess . . . I guess I've been hiding behind him and his opinions. That's the only reason why I call Hermione that. It's not until you pointed it out just then that I really realised it."

"Mm, yeah." I replied, nor really knowing what to say. "Well, I' love to valk up vith you."

He looked up from the ground. "Really?"

"Vhy not."

Hermione was already seated when Malfoy and I walked in, side-by-side. How had she gotten here? Harry gave me the weirdest look. I smiled, trying not to laugh.

We had moved on from Tea Leaves and we were now on Crystal Balls.

"Broaden your minds . . . " Twelawney rambled on. I just stared at the swishing smoke. Trying not give in to the flare that was being shot by Harry.