♤TYLER X READER♤

Requested by simpjustasimplolz who specifically asked for a Tyler x reader

little fluff near the end. Maybe angsty?

∘₊✧───TYLER───✧₊∘

When Tyler first invited you to his birthday party, you were delighted. You had a crush on him for months now and you're suspecting he does too. Though you're not sure why he hasn't told you yet. 

"That big red panda will be there too. In case you didn't want to come." He said with a slight smirk to his face. You were already gonna go to the party, whether or not that girl would come too. 

At first the party was agonizingly boring. You enjoyed sitting next to him on the couch, but nobody was doing anything. 

Then that girl came and after stalling for a few minutes, the giant red panda appeared. Everyone erupted in cheers, including you. Everyone partied, danced and had the time of their lives, but you couldn't find the right time to talk to Tyler. He's always preoccupied with Mei. You weren't jealous or anything, you know better than to be like that. Besides, he just likes her for her red panda form.

Still, you can't help but stare at him goofing off with Mei, absorbing your emotions in and tried to wait until she leaves.

When the party was close to finish and everyone was in his backyard, you saw him searching for the red panda who was nowhere to be seen. Now's you chance!

You approached him with a nervous, "Heeeyy, Tyler..." He turned to look at you and a smile crept on his face.

"Hey (Y/N). Have you seen Mei? You know, that red panda girl?" he asked. "I haven't paid her yet for being here so I don't know why she's gone." You know you're kinda a shitty person for thinking this, but You were hoping she did bail. That way you could actually talk to Tyler without his head being wrapped up with red panda this and red panda that. 

Tyler then looked up at the roof to see Mei looking angry. You were sure she was happy a minute ago.

"What are you doing? We want more rides!" He called out to her.

"Buzz off, jerkface! I'm busy." She snapped.

The crowd starting oohing by her remark. You held his hand to hold him back. You could swear you saw his face blush crimson.

"Maybe let her go Tyler. You said you haven't paid her." You reassured. He whipped his hand back, out of yours.

"No! She has to be here!" He kept persisting and calling up to Mei who becomes more and more angrier with him. Until Mei jumped from the roof to crash ontop of him.

You were by no means a strong person and will absolutely get beaten up in a fight to a kid, nonetheless a red panda twice your height and weight. But seeing Mei on top of Tyler berating him. Saliva spraying on his face and his shirt and jersey collecting dirt and tears. You didn't care about Mei anymore. You had to do something, anything to get her off of him.

You went to her side and kicked her. Your foot sank into her fur and you debated whether or not that even hurt her. Regardless, you continued to keep fighting. You punched and threw hands at her side, shouting "Get off him you beast!" 

She looked to you and swung her giant arm towards you, making you fall back on the grass. Just when she was about to go after you, her mom called out to her. Everyone fell silent.

You and all the other kids stood outside while Tyler's parents were yelling at Mei's mom while she looked down to the floor.

"Alright! Party's over! Everyone go home!" Tyler's dad shouted. He put his hand on his son's back before ushering him inside their big home. Tyler stopped in his tracks and looked back at you, tears still in his eyes. He looked back up to his dad.

"Wait," he said. "Can (Y/N) come in the house? Only her, I promise."

His dad sighed before nodding. Tyler motioned you to come inside. All the other kids were walking back home. You knew you lived far away from him and waiting for your mom to pick you up would take ages. Plus, you could just tell her to wait until the morning to pick you up.

You walked into his house, amazed by it looking a lot more bigger than how it looked on the outside. He grabbed your hand and practically dragged you to his room. It was much larger than yours and his bed looked so comfy. He sat ontop and patted the spot next to him, signalling you to sit there. Once you sat, you could feel ripples underneath you. It took you a near minute to realize it was a waterbed.

Tyler then buried his hand in his face, crying even more than when he was outside. His sobs muffled, desperately trying to not cry too loud for his parents to hear.

"It's ruined..." He choked out. "I thought I would be, like, the coolest kid at school. The one who had a fucking red panda at his birthday party. Now... I don't even know..." You felt helpless just sitting there watching him cry. You pulled him into a hug. It was the least you could do. He wrapped his arms around your neck.

"It's alright Tyler." You comforted. 

"It's not alright! Now when I go back to school, people are gonna think 'oh look! It's that kid who got attacked by Mei!' It would be humiliating!"

"Isn't that kinda what you did to Mei? With the whole Devon thing?"

He stayed silent. I guess you struck a nerve. He pulled away from the hug and stared at you. Watery eyes glaring back into concerned ones. 

"I don't... That's diff- I mean..." He stammered on his words.

"You know what, we'll talk about that in the morning. I just want to be here for you now, especially when you're like this."

"Thanks (Y/N)." He pulled you into another hug, this time a much tighter one. And for a quick second, he kissed your cheek. You might as well die in his arms, but that would make him cry more. 

When he pulled back for the second time, he stood up and went to his closet. Openning the door, he digged through the clothes hung by the hangers. He pulled out a jersey, much similar to the one he was wearing.  

"I want you to have this. I wanted to give this to you for a while now. I just didn't know when." He handed you the jersey. You smiled and tried it on. You were sure it was a size too big, but that didn't matter. "I love you (Y/N). I really do."

For the third time, you hugged him again (I know. I'm sorry lol)

"I love you too, you goofball."

_________________

This was supposed to be a short fluff chapter but oh well...