Why Gotham of all places?!! Part 1

No POV

At the Wayne Manor. Damian is watching an interview on tv.

Damian Wayne has been watching Marinette Dupain-Cheng on tv since he was 10. Everyone in the BatFam knows the Cheng Family are actors; they all start from birth. Marinette is the only child in the Cheng with no cousins, making her the center of attention.

Every Cheng Family stops acting before their 30s something about wanting a normal life.

Damian has been watching Marinette's tv-series and movies since then. What caught his attention was one of the interviews about 8 years ago. When Marinette saves a cow from being abused by the owner, one of her assistants helps her keep the cow. She named Molly after her assistant passed away.

Ever since the cow that been abused, she has been going to shelter everywhere in the world where she acts to keep track of the animals' supplies and take care of them.

It made Damian's heart melt every time he notice her on tv. His brothers teased him all the time, having a crush on her. Including when she started to date Felix Graham de Vanily, they will say he was jealous.

They have been dating for 3 1/2 years till the day they announced their breakup. That was 2 years ago when they broke. They don't have feelings for each other as they used to.

Now the batfam are in the living room watching an interview.

"Now, Marinette rumor on the block. I have been hearing you will retire soon," the show host said.

"Not another, Cheng retiring," Dick said dramatically.

"Why do they retire before their 30s," Bruce mumbled.

"Well, she is hot," Jason said.

"Why are we watching this. I need to find the mysterious person MDC," Tim said, taking a sip of coffee.

"Yes, George. I will be retiring age of 25. I still have 5 more years till I retired." She smiled.

"Five more years," Damian mumbled.

The Batfam all look at each other. They already made a plan for what's to come.

"I heard you and Felix will get back together. Is it true?"

Damian stops breathing. (Well, he is breathing, but you know what I mean.)

Marinette laugh.

"Oh, that's not true. We just stay friends, nothing more."

Damian is breathing again. (We can't let him die :)

"I heard there is another movie coming up. If I remember, this one is from Gotham."

Damian turns to the rest of his family.

The rest are looking away from him.

Is true? The producer and Mr. Wayne are collaborating. You will find out later; what the movie is about, including behind the scene.

"Father," Damian said.

"Yes, Damian," Bruce said.

"What did you do" Damian demanded.

"I did, what any father will do," he said, looking at the tv.

Jason was laughing.

"I can't believe B is a wingman."