wheetae • artwork

Wheein squinted her eyes together as she watched the art piece before her. She couldn't quite tell whether she was satisfied with it or not. Maybe she should add a little more color... but then again, that might end up ruining it even more.

With a heavy sigh she got up from her chair and headed to the kitchen while stretching her arms above her head. She had been sitting down for too long and could feel how weak and tensed her muscles were. After grabbing a bottle of water she sat back down in front of the full canvas, her eyes consistently glancing at every single detail.

She had been struggling to find motivation recently, struggling to find the right inspiration she needed to finally make a painting she loved and was proud of.

She tilted her head slightly to the side and took a sip of water. There needed to be some contrast, she concluded. She had always loved abstract paintings, never anything too clearly shaped, yet always something holding onto a meaning.

When rattling keys were suddenly hearable, Wheein turned her head in the same moment the front door slided open. "Oh, you're home already," Taehyung said with a smile on his lips - one Wheein quickly reciprocated.

She got up on her bare, paint-stained feet and walked to the entrance where she wrapped her arms around the taller's neck. He dropped his suitcase to the floor in order of laying his hands on her hips. "I've been home all day," she grinned and pecked his lips shortly. "How was work? You had that meeting, right?"

"Ah, yes. It was fine." Taehyung rubbed her hips gently, using his thumbs, as he kept smiling down at her. "They accepted our offer so we're gonna be working a lot together with them from now on."

"That's great!" Wheein squealed happily and caressed the back of his neck.

"I guess it is." Taehyung chuckled a little, pulling the short woman closer. He slowly leaned down to close the gap between them by placing his lips on hers. Their lips moved tenderly against each other's; it felt safe, just like everything else in their relationship always did.

"I actually need your opinion on something," Wheein said once the kiss ended and they broke apart. Taehyung raised one eyebrow while humming in response, as he untied his shoelaces. "Here."

Wheein reached a hand towards him, one he grabbed as soon as his shoes were neatly placed on a shelf. She guided him towards the living room where she stopped in front of the fresh painting. The scent of acrylics hang thickly in the air, creating a heavy yet peaceful atmosphere in the living room. "It's pretty," Taehyung said, placing a hand on the shorter's shoulder and kissing the top of her head.

"You think? I wasn't so sure about it." Wheein crossed her arms over her chest and kept her eyes on the painting, frowning at the sight.

"Is something missing?" Wheein looked up to glance at her boyfriend's face. His eyes were glued to her work and a smile began to peek on her lips upon seeing so. He was always supportive and loving whenever it came to these matters, something she really appreciated - because he wouldn't just praise her unconditionally, he still gave her constructive criticism and advice.

"I don't quite know. It just doesn't satisfy me," Wheein admitted as her eyes trailed back to the simple painting. She felt two hands on her shoulders, massaging the tender skin.

"You're never really satisfied after the first couple of hours, are you?" Taehyung giggled from behind her. She copied him by doing so as well and felt a kiss being placed on her cheek.