yongkook • flowerboy

//AU wherein Jungkook is a teenage boy using his summer break to make some money at a flower stall, and Yongsun is a young adult who happens to stop by. //

The burning sun made small droplets of sweat dribble down Jungkook's forehead as he was aligning some flowers into different categories. After his parents sent him to an unknown district over the summer, he had been rather lost as to what he should spend his time on doing, but luckily the boy by his side, Jimin, had offered him this job - selling flowers at this small flower stall on a bigger market.

In the beginning he had been hesitant, being the young boy he was without the slightest knowledge of flowers. But as time had passed, he had slowly begun to get a hang of it, and would easily be able to tell apart the summer flowers growing in the field just a mile away.

He was inspecting a bouquet of roses where a couple of the leaves seemed to have lost their glory, when suddenly his gaze was twisted towards the two women walking nearby. Or, to be specific, he was only focusing on one of them, and he could feel the pace of his heartbeat increase as she walked closer to his stall, her arm linked with the slightly taller friend beside her.

Once they had stopped in front of him, glancing over the big selection of flowers, Jungkook bowed gently and delicately reached a cute baby pink flower towards the woman in front of him. The same sort was decorating his fluffy brown hair in a wreath he had made himself, different flowers meeting in a bright harmony. The woman looked from his hand to his face with a surprised look reflecting in her beautiful almond eyes.

"For me?" she asked, disbelief thickening her tender and sweet voice. Jungkook's throat crumpled and constricted, not allowing the boy to form any words, even if he wanted to. His eyes went wide and all he managed to do was give off a simple nod in the lady's direction to let her know that she was to receive the small gesture. A cheerful chuckle snug its way out her mouth and she accepted the flower while inhaling its scent and letting out a delighted sigh. "Thank you." She bowed at him before turning around once again.

Jungkook eyed her intensely from behind, as if his eyes were glued to her white dress with an open back, to her loosely curled peachy hair that fell elegantly around her shoulders, and to her side profile that showed off the laugh she sent the friend beside her.

"Jungkook-ah!" Two fingers clenched around the flesh of his upper arm, releasing him from his trance and making him turn towards the boy beside him, his eyes squinted together at the slight pain. "Wake up! We have customers."

The young boy's eyes immediately widened and he made two quick bows as a sign of respect towards the other. "Ah, sorry sorry!" he said and after merely receiving a head shake and a pair of rolling eyes in return, he turned around and subconsciously flickered his eyes upwards, only to find that the beautiful woman was now nowhere to be seen.

His disappointment showed in form of a childish pout on his plump lips as he started binding flowers once again.

The next day, Jungkook spotted her at the market once again, a smile finding its way onto his lips as he saw a flower placed behind her ear, keeping her silky hair from falling in front of her eyes - the same flower he had offered her the previous day. His cheeks had rarely been flustered in such a deep red as they were at that exact moment.

"Jungkook-ssi?" His body reacted by impulsively turning around, catching the spoken words before his mind had even gotten the chance to process it. "You need to work faster, otherwise we won't be able to spare ourselves a break later," Jimin said with a slightly crooked smile. Jungkook nodded and turned to face the flowers, his hands fumbling and shaking lightly as he continued sorting them.