byulgi • walks with dogs

Yoongi sighed as he tightened the leash a little, an attempt of stopping Holly from moving too fast. "It's too hot today.." he complained to himself, glimpsing with his eyes as he turned his head upwards and glanced at the burning sun.

He met more resistance from the dog and faced it once again, a frown creeping onto his face at the sight of how eagerly Holly was pushing forward.

"Why in such a rush? Come on, Holly, we're headed in the opposite direction." He tried pulling the dog with him, but soon discovered the reason to its behavior; four dogs were running against it, panting with their tongues sticking out.

"I am so sorry," a woman chuckled, unsuccessfully trying to escort the dogs away.

"No no, it's fine." Yoongi accepted his defeat and let Holly mingle amongst the others, instead averting his attention to the woman in front of him. She had her mahogany hair tied up in a loose bun, shades placed on the top of her head and the front of her oversized t-shirt stuffed loosely into her denim shorts.

"Kongang, no, stop that!" She pulled in one particular leash and managed to prevent the dog from biting in another's ear.

Yoongi chuckled shortly and tightened his grip on Holly's leash just a little. "You have a lot of dogs," he stated, before a realization hit him. "Unless they aren't yours, of course." He blinked a couple of times before ending with a; "Are they yours?"

The woman had observed him with a smile as he'd been fishing for the right words to say, but eventually ended up nodding. "It's a lot, I know, but your first assumption was right: they're all mine."

She squatted down and took one of the dogs, a white fluffy one, into her embrace. "This is the one I got most recently. It was abandoned and had lived 2 years in a cage." She gently scratched behind its ear and Yoongi watched intently as it nuzzled further into her touch.

"What's your name?" he asked and the woman smiled up at him.

"It was called Harang when I got it, but I've renamed it, so it's Janggu now." Yoongi's eyes widened slightly and he nibbled on his bottom lip while trying to gain enough courage to notify her on the mishearing - failing.

"Ah... cute." He smiled awkwardly and scratched an itchy spot at the back of his neck.

"It is, isn't it?" She giggled and stood up again, pulling all of the dogs away a little. "But I actually have to get moving, I'm headed to work in not too long."

Yoongi nodded, wondering what job she might have when meeting in past 4pm. "Cool. Well, it was nice meeting you." He smiled at her and dragged Holly away from the four unsatisfied dogs, continuously glancing backwards to see her walking through the park with light steps.

The next day, Yoongi went to the same park again, five minutes earlier than the day before. No one could get him to admit so, but it was mainly in the hopes of seeing the woman again.

Lucky for him, he did, because she was walking from the same direction, struggling just as much when the four dogs saw Holly. Yoongi couldn't help the smile creeping onto his lips when noticing how the woman looked at him with glistening eyes.

"Hi!" she happily sang, the dogs mingling once again.

"Hey there." Yoongi's eyes automatically drifted to scan her every feature. He felt captivated by her beauty and noticed all the little things such as how one side of her upper lip disappeared more than the other when she smiled, and how she scrunched up her nose frequently.

"I don't think I caught your name yesterday?" she said with a glimpse of curiosity hastily flashing over the surface of her eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He edged his way around the dogs and extended his free hand. "I'm Min Yoongi and this is Holly." He wiggled the leash a little to imply that he was referring to the dog.