wheekook • period

After a long day of recording, Wheein could finally take off her headphones with an exhausted sigh. "We good?" she asked the producer who simply replied with a quick thumbs up and a kind smile. She smiled back, relieved at the answer.

She then grabbed her coat and tote bag, leaving the recording box to enter the studio instead. "I'll send you the recording, then you can hear it through and see if you want to change anything for tomorrow, alright?" the producer asked her. She nodded and he turned around in his chair, clicking a couple of times before the sound of an email being sent flooded through the room.

"Have a great evening, see you tomorrow!" Wheein sang as she waved goodbye, receiving the same gesture from everyone else in the studio.

Once the door was closed behind her, she felt the semi-cold November air brush over her cheek. She was quite fond of fall and felt sad to see it coming to an end, as it would then be replaced with the much colder winter.

A vibration made her snap out of the brief trance she had been in, and she dug inside her bag to find her phone ringing. Seeing the caller-id, she smiled and answered while holding the phone against her ear.

"Hey you," she heard on the other side of the line.

"Hi cutie," she replied with a slick smile, already aware of the response she was going to receive - and she wasn't wrong; a chuckle from her boyfriend was soon hearable.

"You're never gonna stop calling me that, are you?" Jungkook asked and Wheein didn't hesitate in replying with a 'no' because she wasn't. Even though he was only two years younger than her, she often recalled the memory of teen-Jungkook at award shows years back. Such a small bunny.

"Oh well," he said after being done with laughing. "I just wanted to know when you're home?"

She checked the watch hanging from around her wrist. 00:27am. "I've just left the studio, so I'm probably home in about 15 minutes. I'm sorry for the wait, but it was such a long day." She trailed off, talking about the many failed attempts at recording while beginning to walk down the street, realizing that she hadn't gotten a single response from Jungkook. "You there?" she called out.

A frown began to appear on her face as she didn't get any reply. "That's strange.." she muttered, removing the phone from her ear, only to find a completely black screen.

She tried pressing the side-button to turn it on again, but it didn't seem to help the slightest. "Ah, shit." She put it away again with a sigh and figured that she just had to head home as fast as possible - and so she did.

Normally she would've enjoyed a late-night walk like this where she was fully capable of hearing how the wind whistled slightly and made the orangey leaves rustle delicately - but Jungkook's voice was missing and she felt it. She felt it a lot.

It was strange.. the attachment you could feel towards another. Jungkook was the first person Wheein had experienced that sort of attachment with. The sort of attachment that would make her call him up at night, just to make sure he was comfortable and the kind of attachment that would make her pout every time he had to leave.

She had found it embarrassing in the beginning, but now she had begun to find it sweet.

With only him and the comfortable bed waiting at home in mind, Wheein started walking faster, eager to reach their shared apartment. And when she did, a certain someone was sitting in front of the door.

"Jungkook?" she asked with a smile, making him avert his gaze from the phone in his hand to her presence instead.

"Wheein!" He stuffed the phone down in his back pocket and stood up to embrace her in a big, awaited hug. Wheein smiled into his chest and enjoyed how he was rubbing his hand up and down on her back in a soothing pattern. "Did your phone run out of battery?"