hwajoon • the view

"Hmm..." Hyejin let her eyes shift between the two dresses on her bed, her eyes squinted together as she was considering which one to pack. Her suitcase was already stuffed to its maximum capacity, but she might be able to lure Namjoon into packing some extra stuff for her.

"Jooniiiiie?" she called out while running a hand through her hair.

"In the living room!"

She went to the room's opening and leaned against the doorframe as she stuck her head out. "Could you come in here for just a second?" she asked with a sweet smile on her tinted lips.

Her boyfriend was sitting on the couch, a map spread out on the sofa table in front of him, and a frown showing on his face. "Hm?" He lifted his head upwards to face her. "Yeah, sure."

Smiling, he got up from the couch and followed Hyejin to their bedroom. "Which one do you prefer?" she asked while gesturing to the two dresses.

A few wrinkles lined up on his forehead while he let his gaze rest on one dress, then the other. "I don't know. You haven't worn that one before, have you?" He pointed at the one on the left, wrapping his other arm around Hyejin's waist to pull her slightly closer.

"Nope," she said, shaking her head and leaning against him. "I just got it two weeks ago."

"Well.." Namjoon started with a smile while looking down at her, "I know that the one I've seen you in is absolutely gorgeous on you, but if you want to wear the new one, I get that as well. It's your call, really."

The younger woman sighed dramatically and formed a pout on her lips. "That's not a proper answer, Joonie. I wanted your opinion!"

The taller man laughed innocently and gave a chaste kiss to her lips. "I'm sorry, babe, you know I don't have a lot to say in these kind of things. Pack whatever you feel comfortable with." He gently brushed some hair out of her face before lighting up in a smile. "But! Come with me for just 2 seconds."

He grabbed one of her hands and led her to the living room. She followed behind, intrigued as to what he wanted. He made her settle on the couch, getting down next to her and immediately pointing to the map.

"Here, I was thinking we could take this route through the mountains. It's like 5 miles or so." He flexed his dimples in a bright smile as he trailed his finger over the map and explained.

Hyejin, on the other hand, glimpsed a couple of times with her eyes. "Joonie..."

"Hm?" He looked up at her with raised eyebrows, still smiling.

"I thought we were going on a vacation. You know, a hotel with a pool, a couple of those antic-places you want to see and maybe a museum or two. Not hiking." She frowned and crossed her arms tightly over her chest in a dissatisfied posture.

Namjoon bit down on his bottom lip with a small chuckle, pulling the woman into his embrace, her back resting against him. "Come on, Jinnie," he begged as he caressed her upper arm.

"No, Namjoon, this wasn't the deal!" she stubbornly kept complaining.

"Honeyyy." He sighed and kissed her temple tenderly. "It's only a one-day-thing. It's not like it's gonna take up our entire trip." She kept silent to emphasize her disobey. "Look, you made me get a license. Now I'm making you hike with me. It's a fair square."

She slowly turned her head to face him, her eyebrows knitted together and her jaw clenched. "So you're telling me that I have to pack sneakers? And sports clothes?"

He smiled at how cute she was when getting annoyed, nodded, and pinched her cheek. "Yep, that's exactly what I'm telling you - and I love you too." She rolled her eyes, but couldn't restrain from kissing back when she felt his lips on her own.