Quit

I lazily stepped out of the car and made my way up the front porch. Man working at the office was so exhausting. I hated the job, honestly, but it paid the bills. I knew that Mikey had enough money to pay them but I didn't want him to think that I was using him.

I unlocked the door and walked in, throwing my bag and keys on the bench next to the door. I was about to take my jacket off when I felt two arms wrap around my waist.

"Hi baby..." He whispered in my ear.

"Hi honey. What are you doing?" I asked playfully.

"I'm just welcoming my wife home after a long day of work. Here let me help you." He giggled. He grabbed my wrists and pulled my jacket off, showing my button up shirt.

He grabbed me and pulled me into him, sighing deeply. "Ugh I missed you. I hate this new schedule."

I looked up at him. "What do you mean? I thought that this new schedule would make everything easier?"

He stared at the floor and then back at me. "I did too but I just realized that any schedule isn't fun. Whenever I'm working you're not, but whenever you are working I'm not. We don't get any time together anymore." He looked as if he was about to cry.

I sighed. I knew that everything was difficult at the moment. "Look I'm sure that I can find a better job an-"

"But that's it! You don't like your job honey. And you know that I can afford the bills. I'm not saying that you have to stay at home all of the time but you don't have to work in the office!"

"Mikey I get that but I don't want you to have to pay for everything."

"But I won't be. You'll be having to stay at home a lot soon, anyways. Especially with you carrying our daughter." He smiled and placed his hand on my stomach. I was only about 3 months along. I still had time to think about the baby.

"Mikey-" I laughed.

"Come on. Just trust me with this. Turn in your two weeks notice and then I can take care of you. That stressful job isn't good for the baby anyways." He had a glimpse of hope in his eyes.

I hesitated for a moment but then I realized how right he was. I didn't need that job and we would be taking care of a baby soon. "Alright."

"Wait. You're serious?"

I nodded and he jumped up and down. He grabbed me and let my legs wrap around his waist. Then he randomly started shouting 'We're gonna be parents!'. I decided to start yelling it too.

We ran through the house, upstairs still chanting.

He laid me down on our bed and kissed my collarbone. "I love you Y/N."

"I love you too Mikey. No funny business mister." I have him a stern look. He just giggled and lifted me off of the bed.

"Alright alright, now lets get ready for bed." He walked behind into the bathroom and patted my butt.

"Mikey."

He threw his arms up defensively. "Just checkin'".

------------------------------------
I think this one is really cute. I meant for this one to go in a different direction but I'm not upset with how it turned out.

Listening to: So many things
Date: 3-12-22
Time: 5:14 pm
Mood: None