Partners

I was sitting in science class thinking about something random while my teacher was explaining our next assignment. I didn't really pay attention. Not that I needed to though.

Science was really easy and the lowest grade I could get was a C. I was just thinking about getting home and watching television.

My teacher was also pretty chill. Her name was Mrs. Lindsey. She didn't really care for work, and instead just rambled on about her personal life.

(A/N No, this is not Lynz. I just came up with a name that was similar to my real science teacher's name. Sorry.)

I was snapped out of my thoughts when she clapped loudly.

"Alright, you can grab a partner and get to work! BUT. If you get too loud, we are doing this as an individual assignment. Am I clear?" She pranced around.

Everyone nodded and got to work. I stood up looking around at my friends. I was about to ask one but they already had a partner, who was my other friend.

Now I didn't have a partner and I definitely wasn't going to work with someone that annoyed me, which was most of the class. I sat back in my seat and just kept staring into space.

I eventually got tired of just sitting there doing nothing so I looked around the room again. About 5 feet away from me was this guy. I didn't know his name but I always wanted to know what it was.

I had wanted to talk to him since the first day of school but I didn't have the guts to do it. So instead I would watch as he walked into class everyday and stay to himself.

This is it. This is my chance to finally talk to him. Just grow some balls, Y/N. Well actually nevermind. As a female, it's physically impossible.

I stood up, my hands shaking, and walked over. I said a small 'hi' and he looked up. I was shocked. His eyes were so beautiful. It was like looking into a large magnifying glass.

Of course, his glasses already solved that for me. He smiled nervously at me while fiddling with his hands.

All of a sudden, I wasn't as nervous anymore. I felt a form of confidence.

"Um I don't have a partner so I was wondering if you would work with me?" I held out the paper in my hand.

He nodded and giggled. Oh. My. Fucking. God. I love his laugh. I felt weak now.

He stood up and we walked over to the cabinets, where we sat on the floor. He started looking over the paper and mumbling the words written.

I decided that we should probably introduce ourselves. I stuck my hand out and seemed to get his attention. "I'm Y/N."

"Mikey." He accepted the kind gesture.

I didn't really know what else to say so I started saying the first things that popped in my head.

"So... do you know how to do this?" I already knew what I was doing but this way I could help Mikey.

"Sort of. I know the basics of a cell, I just don't feel like doing it."

I nodded. "Same. I feel like we just keep learning the same things over and over again until its permanently glued into our brain." I looked over and saw that Mikey was... excited?

"Oh my god I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. That's a relief." He laughed and continued to look at me. I felt like I was being put under some sort of pressure so I started laughing.

He must have understood what was happening because he mumbled a small 'sorry'.

"Its fine. I'm just not used to people doing that." I laughed.