Sleep

Mikey Way was probably, I would say, my best friend. And I mean best friend. We've known each other since second grade and just stuck together.

Of course, Mikey had spent the night at my house so many times that I lost track, but it was different now. At least for me.

In seventh grade, I had developed a crush on Mikey. Then it escalated during my freshman year. I had always hoped he felt the same but I wasn't sure.

It was a friday night and my parents were gone for the weekend. Mikey and I decided that partying was stupid so we were at my house watching movies.

We were laying in my bed with twizzlers, popcorn and blankets. All of a sudden I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt a twizzler get thrown at me.

"Hey shortie! You okay?" Mikey asked.

"Oh yeah I'm fine, I just got distracted."

He nodded unsurely. "Just checking. You looked pretty scared."

"I was just thinking about-" I was cut off when the sky rumbled. I immediately jumped underneath the covers.

I had a huge fear of storms and as I've grown, it's only gotten worse.

Mikey pulled me up to him and ran his fingers through my hair. "It's okay I'm here. Nothing can hurt you." He whispered. And that's when I screamed.

The power went out.

I crawled into Mikey's lap and cuddled into his chest. He started whispering soothing things to me while stroking my cheek.

"Don't think about the storm love. Just think about me." He smiled.

My heart was beating really fast. He had never called me love before.

I looked up at him and kissed his forehead. He then took me and layed up against my back. He wrapped his arms around as I whimpered due to the storm.

"Shhhhhhh..."

It took me a minute for my breathing to calm down. I was so tired.

I was about to fall asleep when I heard something. I heard Mikey sigh and whisper, "I love you". My heart stopped. He really did like me back.

I turned around in his arms and saw a look of terror on his face. "Wait Y/N you weren't sup-" He started rushing his words but I stopped him.

"Stop. I love you too Mikey." I kissed him. On the lips. And I think he liked it too because he put pressure into the kiss and pulled me even closer to him.

And with that the rain stopped.

------------------------------------
I don't know what I think about this one but it's alright. It's not one of my favorites though.

PLEASE LEAVE REQUESTS.

Listening to: Bed of Roses - Mindless Self Indulgence
Date: 3-19-22
Time: 9:53 pm
Mood: wkfnaodbfown