💋 jesse x fem! reader

you mutter under your breath in exasperation as you wipe the sweat off your forehead.

you always struggled with pottery. you've been trying to make a vase for your boyfriend for his birthday, but you've restarted the base so many times that you've been thinking about just buying one instead.

you shake that thought out of your head; he'd appreciate the gift more if you made it yourself! you reach your hands out to the clay once more, your fingers gliding over it to give it form.

"you're doing it wrong," two hands rubbed across your arms to your fingers. you jump in shock as a familiar face leans on your shoulder.

"jesse! you scared me!" you giggle. he laughs back, "i noticed your form and i felt like i had to teach you."

both your hands move in sync across the clay, jesse's fingers pinch to do the fine details while your palms smoothen everything out. you lean your head against jesse's cheek, finally being able to relax after hours of struggle.

"you know, you ruined my surprise y'know..." you mumbled against his cheek.

"oh robaire told me about it a while ago."

you puff your cheeks out. you told robaire not to tell him! that ruins the entire point of it being a surprise! "i'm gonna kill him!" you yell. jesse laughs, spinning you to face him and placed a small kiss on your forehead.

"i can act surprised if you'd like."

"no it's fine. i think it'd a better gift that we made it together."

you both smile. "happy early birthday to me."

the rest of the band looks through the studio window, cheering and high-fiving, all inaudible to the couple beyond the glass.