🕊️ taeyoung x black! fem! reader

a/n: i apologize if i didn't accurately describe the hair styling technique! i am not black so i based my knowledge on a tutorial on twists that i found! if i need to correct anything just lmk and ill edit it! :D

---

"ow! babe you're pulling too tight!" you push your boyfriend's hands away from your hair. he pouts in response.

"i'm sorry gongjunim... i just want to learn how you do your hair! just in case!"

his eyes sparkle and you laugh. taeyoung always loved how you styled your hair. so when you mentioned to him that you needed to redo your twists, he lept to try and help you. sadly, he is a little... heavy-handed.

"i appreciate it; trust me, i do! here... let me show you how..." you grab the two sections of hair he was working on. he huffs sadly as you undo all the work he did, but he lets his hands relax as he watches.

"so you take the sections, okay? and you..." you start twisting the sections together as you explain. "the issue was you were doing it too tight, babe." he exhales a small "oh..." in acknowledgement. he continues to watch, his gaze staying intently on your hair.

"i like to use oil to stick the ends together. it helps with my dry ends." your boyfriend smiles happily, causing you to smile back at him. you always loved how open-minded taeyoung was.

he raises his hands back up, "could i... try again?" you giggle. "of course, baby."

he scoots towards you, taking two more sections of hair and starts twisting them. he pauses occasionally to ask if he's pulling too hard, and you have to correct him a few times because he started twisting the wrong way. however, for his first (technically second) attempt, you were pleasantly surprised!

you smiled looking in the mirror, your hair back to its' usual style. you kiss taeyoung on the cheek in thanks. "you did so good!" he giggles embarrassed, his face turning pink.

"i had a really good teacher." he grinned.