💋 jesse x male! reader

the clink of your paintbrush falling to the floor echoes throughout the empty studio, the only light flickers overhead you as you look at your finished product. your face flushes and you cover your face in embarrassment.

'i can't believe i painted him...' you think to yourself.

the bright blue eyes of the painting stare back at you, its' smug aura almost mocking you. you and jesse have always been rivals during art class. while he seems to take it as a joke, you were always serious about proving that you're better than him. and here you are, painting the man who you've spent almost two years trying to overtake.

the door creaks open, and you rush to cover the painting with a cloth.

"oh- sorry i didn't see the light on-" the familiar voice says. you freeze in fear. it's jesse. the exact man you DIDN'T want to see.

"of course you didn't," you say bluntly, your gaze piercing into the blonde's face. you think maybe if you stare long enough, he will explode. "i'm done now though, so it's all yours."

jesse stares back at you. he seems taken aback for a second.

"can i see what yo-"

"no."

you reach for your painting-

"why not?"

you glare at him. his face looks confused at your hostility. has he forgotten all the passive aggressive comments he's given you over the years? you for sure haven't.

"because i don't want you to."

he furrows his brows. "i don't understand why you're mad at me. i just got here." he laughs to himself, possibly to lighten the mood in the suffocating room.

you don't respond, and reach again for your painting. tucking it under your arm, you grab the rest of your supplie-

"oh that's really good!" you freeze and look over. jesse's holding a corner of the sheet masking your art. you yank it from him, clutching it to your chest. the blood rushes to your face and you rush past him, bumping into his shoulder in the process.

jesse is left alone in the studio, speechless at what happened.

did he say something wrong?