🕊️ taeyoung x fem! reader

"aw no..." you mumble sadly as you picked up the bird. you were walking to your job when you heard a small chirp, leading you to a small dove laying on the grass of the park. their wing was bent at a terrible angle, and you tried to pick it up gently so you wouldn't hurt it even more.

the dove looked at you. it must've hit a tree on accident, as its' white feathers were tinted with dirt and bark. you stood up slowly as to not scare the bird in your palms.

"do you need help?" you turned to face the voice. a blonde boy stared back, a worried look on his face. "uh yeah... if you don't mind-" you started.

his eyes widened seeing the injured creature in your hands. he reached for it slowly, his fingers grazing your palms as he took the bird from you. "i have some medicine and bandages in my bag. i help injured birds part-time." he smiles warmly.

you sigh in relief. "i appreciate it. if you'd like, i could help apply the medicine!" he looks surprised for a second, but it shifts to a look of enthusiasm. "of course! o-only if you want to though!"

"i'd love to! i wouldn't have offered otherwise!"

his face turns pink. it seems like no one has ever offered to help him before. "my name's taeyoung! what about you?"

"y/n!" you say, as you both walk to a nearby bench.

the dove is a messenger of love for a reason.