10. Holy shit

SUMMER FLING

Drishti could sense her husband's gaze on her since hours, There were many guests in the house who had came to wish the newly married couples. Even though she acted being uncomfortable under his gaze, she felt giddiness in her tummy. Those somersaults occurred just like few years back.

"Hey drishti. She is Suma, one of our distant relatives", Aparna said, as a middle aged women in her punjabi suit watched drishti from tip to toe.

"Badi sohni hai", suma smiled.

"But Aparna, I heard that she is not the actual bride of your son. Is it true? I heard your sister ran away beta", suma said faking concern.

"Even though, my daughter simran is more Modern than her", Suma passed a cheesy smile. Drishti's eyes welled up hearing at suma's comment, She was a Substitute and she is a substitute and the fact that she will always stay as a substitute killed her.

"No one can replace you in my life drishu", she remembered him say 6 years back as they lie down on bed after 3 hours of continuous love making. She was tired but his words had given her comfort, a hope, a happiness about his love to her.

Drishti come out of her trail thoughts as she felt suma's hand on her shoulder.

"You are a substitute remember?", Suma spoke again. Drishti felt an urge to beat the lady Infront of her into blue and black.

"Hello girls", drishti heard a screeching voice from the entrance. She closed her eyes. How can. Someone's voice be so irritating?

"Ah, there comes my daughter simran", Suma smiled.

"Isn't she so beautiful", she coed.

"Yeah", drishti said faking a smile.

"Namaste aunty", the so called Simran thing bend down and touched Aparna's feet. Drishti could visibly see irritation in her face.

"Aunty, where is Abhi?", she asked, with kinda flushed away face. "Was she his fling when I was away from him all these years? Nevermind, I don't even care", drishti rolled her eyes for herself.

"Uh, he is there", Aparna point out at abhimanyu who was still staring at drishti. Drishti was just unaware of his continuous stares.

"Hello Abhimanyu", Simran said while she made her way towards abhi. He scrunched his nose. Why was she even here?

"Yeah, I was fine till now. Not now actually", he said taking a sip of his wine.

"Haww, my presence is affecting you bab-

"Excuse me Miss?", Simran heard and turned back. "Yea?"

Drishti passed her a small smile. "Can I have my husband for a while all for myself?", she asked.

"Go and search for him. Why are you asking me?", Simran retorted.

"The man you are flirting with is actually MY MAN, if you don't know", drishti spoke. Anger boiled inside her.

"Wh-What? Husband? Him?", Simran was taken aback.