ii. the unexpected return

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

"Mum, we should go now." Ginny checked again if her bags were complete before sending a reassuring smile to her worried mother. "I'll be fine, Mum. I won't cause any trouble..."

"Oh dear." Molly had tears in her eyes, rushing over to her only daughter and hugging her tightly. She didn't know what she would do if she lost any of her children. Charlie was still in Romania, recruiting some allies. Bill was with Fleur, trying not to raise suspicion in the Ministry. The twins were still busy with their joke shop and Ron was on the run with Harry and Hermione doing whatever mission Dumbledore gave them.

And Percy... She couldn't stop worrying about her son who she hasn't talked to in over a year. She knew he was still in the Ministry, but he didn't even go to Bill's wedding and now, Voldemort had control of the Ministry. Molly Weasley did not want to send her daughter to Hogwarts, she was too scared for that but then, Ginny was too stubborn. Just as stubborn as the rest of the Weasleys. She couldn't change her daughter's mind no matter how much she tried.

"Promise me... Promise you'll be alright?" Molly said through her tears, swallowing the lump in her throat. She should trust her children just as they've always trusted her, but when you're a mother, you cannot help yourself from worrying. "I love you, Ginny."

"I love you too, Mum." Ginny's eyes softened and she hugged her mother back. She knew her mother was just worried for her, especially since Snape was now Headmaster, but Ginny couldn't just stay in their home and watch her fellow students suffer. She, Neville and Luna already talked about it. They were going to protect Hogwarts since Harry and Deanna weren't there anymore, and even if the damn Death Eaters were there, they wouldn't stop.

"Now, come on, Mum." Ginny squeezed her shoulder then picked up her bags. "We're going to be late." Molly nodded and picked up Ginny's other bag, holding her daughter's hand and Apparating them to Platform 9 ¾. Ginny couldn't help but frown when she noticed that there were Death Eaters around the train with lists in hand.

"Now, I must go, Ginny," said Molly hastily. "Be safe, love."

"You too, Mum."

Molly kissed Ginny on the cheek and sent her a small smile. With one last glance at the Death Eaters, she Disapparated away, none of them catching sight of her. Ginny took her bags and went over to the train with a look of determination. She was relieved to see none of the Muggleborns around, knowing it was safer for them like this.

"Name?" A Death Eater, Amycus Carrow, asked, looking at his list.

"Ginny Weasley," replied the Gryffindor, staring at him.