xviii. the reclamation of the castle

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

The students of Hogwarts fell in line, walking down the stairs and towards the Great Hall with the Heads of their Houses at the front. The Carrows were looking on from the upper floor with grins as they knew they'd be able to finish off Dumbledore's Army once and for all as Snape promised them. They felt giddy when they saw the familiar face of Jemina Nightingale in the front line of the Hufflepuff students. There was their target.

Jemina could practically feel their burning gazes on her, but she did not pay them any attention, feeling more relieved that they didn't even notice Deanna and Harry among them.

The students marched into the Great Hall and stood there with the other members of the staff except for Filch and Professor Trelawney. No one except for those who knew seemed to notice Harry and Deanna yet. They fell silent when Snape and the Carrows entered after them. Jemina could only suppress the urge to roll her eyes. Still shameless until the very end.

Snape stood at the center with the Carrows behind him, scrutinizing the crowd of students with his usual sour frown. "Many of you are surely wondering, why I have summoned you at this hour. It's come to my attention that earlier this evening... Deanna Dumbledore and Harry Potter were sighted in Hogsmeade."

As they planned, Jemina and the others murmured, feigning ignorance and whispering to Noah and Hannah who were at her sides. On the Gryffindor's side, Ginny was doing the same with Neville, making sure their expressions were confused and blank. They couldn't help but think they were great actors.

"Now, should anyone..." Snape spoke coldly. "Student or staff, attempt to aid Ms. Dumbledore and Mr. Potter, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events, who fails to come forward will be treated as equally guilty."

Snape started walking in the middle of the hall, looking over the students who avoided his eyes. "Now then, if anyone here has any knowledge of Ms. Dumbledore and Mr. Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward... now."

It was so silent in the Great Hall that you could hear a pin drop... All the students had their heads down, especially them who knew where Harry and Deanna were. As they promised, they would be loyal to them until the very end and they would help them in whatever ways they could.

"Oh, dear Professor." Deanna stepped out from where she was hiding, earning gasps and whispers from everyone around them. Jemina smiled slightly at the look of surprise on Snape's face and knew Deanna was raging inside despite the calm tone of her voice. "I'm sorry... Should I call you Headmaster now?"

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster." Harry also stepped out from where he was, making the murmuring and chatting louder. As he stood beside Deanna, the doors to the Great Hall opened, revealing Hermione, Ron and the Order, Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Ria, the Weasleys and Kingsley, standing proud and strong with their glares on Snape who was once their ally. "And I'm afraid it's quite extensive... How dare you stand where he stood?"