xix. the battle of hogwarts

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

The burning embers of the shield flew in front of the Snatchers, making Neville's eyes widen. That fast? They broke down the barrier that fast? Scabior raised his wand and twirled it around the burning piece of the shield before he looked at Neville who suddenly looked a little nervous.

Scabior slowly stepped his foot over where the barrier was supposed to be at. Neville's eyes widened at the sight of his foot safely going over and the sound of the leaves crunching under his feet. The Snatchers looked at him triumphantly. They've got him now.

"Nev... get ready. We'll be waiting at the back." He heard Eleanor whisper behind him and gulped, stomping twice on the ground to let them know he understood.

Scabior let out a yell, and the Snatchers followed after him. They rushed towards Neville who ran back down the bridge. Tons of Snatchers were running after him, and Neville willed his legs to run as fast as he could until the end of the bridge. He was going to take them all down. Spells were cast in the narrow bridgeway, and Neville expertly dodged and blocked them all with the spells they had been practicing for the past months. Soon, they were very deep into the bridge with almost all the Snatchers in.

"NOW, NEV!"

At Eleanor's yell, Neville pointed his wand at one of the pillars. "Pompus!"

Fireworks burst from his wand and hit the pillar. The explosives on it spreading throughout the entire bridge with small sparking noises. From the very start of the bridge where most of the Snatchers were entering, the bridge started exploding. As it exploded, Neville ran harder than ever and the Snatchers were blown up with them, having nowhere left to go. The bridge gave out from under them, and Neville had only a few steps left to go before the bridge would complete collapse.

"Neville, jump!" Seamus called out to him, and the Longbottom took a literal leap of faith and jumped as far as he could, letting out a sigh of relief when he felt two hands grab his and pull him up to the floor.

Laying on the floor, Neville gasped and panted for air before grinning at his two friends and the other students who helped them and were looking at him worriedly. "That went well."

On the North side of Hogwarts, Death Eaters started Apparating near the castle's entrance, joining the Giants, Acromantulas and a few werewolves who were under Greyback's command. Roars and yells were heard from both side of the battlefield as they advanced onto Hogwarts.

Vines started sprouting from the grounds and wrapped themselves around whoever they could wrap themselves around, binding them to the ground. Some Death Eaters were flying, draped in smoke as they made some suits of armor explode. The other suits of armor met their enemies head on, using their weapons to take them down.