vii. the carrows' revenge

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

"Hey, Gin." Luna suddenly came up from beside Ginny, surprising the Weasley who was walking down the hall on her way to their "Muggle Studies" class. She did not want to take it after learning Alecto Carrow was teaching but she really didn't have a choice.

"Hey, Lu." Ginny started looking around again, making the Ravenclaw curious as to what she was looking for.

"Are you looking for someone?" Luna's question made Ginny stop and blush slightly. Why was she even looking for that Hufflepuff when she didn't even know who she was until 3 days ago? It had been 3 days since she was taken by the Carrows for punishment, but she had not seen her since then, not even during meals. What if they already killed her or took her to Voldemort?

"Luna," began Ginny hesitantly. "Have you seen Jemina Nightingale?"

"Oh, Jem? I don't know." Luna had a frown on her face. "I haven't seen her since what happened during the Welcoming Feast. I heard the Carrows did a Curse on her."

"What?" Ginny asked in alarm.

"Yeah, she came back that night with bandages around her arms. That's what I heard from the Hufflepuffs." Luna stared at Ginny then with curiosity in her eyes. "Why are you suddenly looking for her?"

"I-It's nothing." Ginny cleared her throat immediately to hide the fact that she stuttered. "Just... Just curious." She could see Luna was unconvinced and started defending herself though she didn't understand why she did so. "I mean, she's a Muggleborn! Wouldn't you be worried after seeing her being taken by the Carrows?"

"Wouldn't you be worried for what happens if you'll be late to class, Weasley, Lovegood?" A cold voice said from behind them, making the two jump. It was Alecto Carrow with a raised eyebrow. "Now, get in so we can start. I don't have the patience to deal with you."

As the Death Eater walked past them, Ginny looked like she was about to say something but Luna shook her head and pulled them in, taking seats for them at the back.

"Now, I'm sure you all know about the Mudblood, Jemina Nightingale." Alecto Carrow started, making Ginny and Luna exchange uneasy glances. It couldn't be... "I would have been glad to punish her with my brother, but she has gone beyond the limit and so, the Headmaster himself punished her."

She cackled loudly at the thought, remembering the sight of cuts on the Hufflepuff's arms and face. Snape really did not disappoint. Ginny and Luna had their eyes widen at that. Snape punished her? The thought made Ginny clench her fists. After killing Dumbledore, now, he was attacking students as well?