viii. the red-haired angel

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

"Why did he give us so much homework?" Ginny grumbled under her breath, stretching her arms. She had just come back from the library, doing the homework Slughorn had given them. She already had classes with both the Carrows but surprisingly, they didn't have to do any dark magic. They just discussed about Dark Magic and putting Muggles in the right place, but they weren't asked to cast dark magic which made her suspicious.

"Ah, damn it –" Ginny was cut off by the sight of a bloody body on the floor as she turned the corner. Her eyes widened because of the blood coming from everywhere, but soon, Ginny snapped back to reality and ran to the girl who had fainted. "Hey, wake up!"

And Ginny turned the girl over, gasping when she saw that it was Jemina Nightingale. There were countless cuts and bruises on her face and all over her body. She remembered what Alecto Carrow said about Jemina. The Cruciatus Curse and a few other curses. Her hands trembled in anger at the thought of what they've done to this innocent girl.

"Shit." Ginny carried Jemina by hooking one arm under her legs and the other arm supporting her back. She looked back at the pool of blood and frowned, thinking about how much blood she lost. She started running in the direction of the Hospital Wing, but as soon as she arrived at the corner, she saw the Carrows were at the entrance, making Ginny's anger flare up. They really were making sure Jemina wouldn't get healed.

Ginny quickly turned back around, racking her mind of a place where she can heal Jemina. And it clicked in her mind. The Room of Requirement. Ginny was still holding Jemina tight in her arms as she ran, pleading with everything she had that Jemina would be fine. She didn't know what she'd do if Jemina died.

She walked back and forth in front of the Room of Requirement for three times, thinking of a place to help Jemina, and when the door opened, she went in hastily, placing the girl on one of the couches and fiddling with her wand, setting a patronus to Noah, Neville and Luna, hoping they'd get here as soon as possible.

Ginny couldn't help it now, her tears falling by how pained the brave warrior looked. Her breathing was getting faint and it was just hard for Ginny to see her like this... A fellow student like this... She held Jemina's bloody hand tight and wiped her tears away. Why did Jemina have to return? She should have just hidden with her family then she wouldn't be hurt like this.

Due to her focus on Jemina, she didn't notice how there was an old man and a girl coming in the portrait near them. It was only when the portrait swung open that Ginny saw there was a man there. Her eyes widened at how similar he looked to Dumbledore. At that moment, the doors to the Room of Requirement opened and Noah, Neville and Luna came in, out of breath. They ran to where Ginny was and their eyes widened at the sight of Jemina and the man who looked so much like Dumbledore.