ix. the sword heist

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

Jemina let out a sigh of relief when she finally arrived at the Room of Requirement. Since they had decided to bring Dumbledore's army back, they had not yet done anything as Jemina instructed them to. She only explained a few things like her connection with Aberforth and what the portrait was for. It confused them since Jemina spent the first week fighting but the tense battle between Jemina and the Carrows seemed to cool down for the month though there were still glares thrown then and there. It was now October, and they still haven't done anything.

"Oh, Jem. Why did you suddenly call us here?" Luna asked upon seeing Jemina. The four of them who promised to help her were there, worried, confused and excited at the same time. Jemina calling them could mean either she was in trouble or she was finally bringing Dumbledore's army back.

"Listen." Jemina sat down in front of them with a grin. "We know Deanna and Harry are out because they're on a mission, right?" The four nodded in response, now smiling as well, knowing that she called them there to bring the army back. "But I think there's something we can help them with. The Sword of Gryffindor."

She took out a notebook from her robes and put it down on the table, the others leaning in closer to see it better. Jemina tried not to get distracted by the proximity of someone to her. "This is what Deanna left to Aberforth for me before she went. Here, the first was a spell to connect the portrait to Hog's Head. Then, here are some shortcuts around here and where we can go. She also gave the password to the Headmaster's Office."

"But wouldn't Snape change it?" Noah asked, frowning.

"But maybe this is a special password Deanna made," said Ginny, looking closer at the paper with a smile. "I mean, Otter and Phoenix? You know who they are." The five of them grinned at each other. Even if Deanna did break up with Hermione, it was clear she was still in love with the Gryffindor.

"But what can we find in the Headmaster's office?" asked Ginny.

"Maybe a secret weapon to defeat Vol – Nose White." Luna quickly changed the name because of the Taboo. They could not risk the Death Eaters to know of their only sanctuary here in Hogwarts. So, they decided to call him Nose White instead, the idea coming from Ginny.

"Gryffindor's sword!" Neville exclaimed in realization, making them all smile widely. "Didn't Harry pull that out of the hat when you were a first year, Ginny?"

"And Nose White is the Heir of Slytherin! Only Gryffindor can defeat him." Noah added in delight.

"Well, that's our first mission then." Jemina grinned widely. "Take the sword from Snape."