thirteen

♥︎♥︎♥︎

chan's adrenaline was rushing through his blood in large pumps. he peeked through the curtains, his heart dropping all the way to his feet. this isn't chan's first time performing in front of a crowd, but everytime he steps foot onto a stage with an audience watching his every move, it puts a lot of pressure onto chan to do good.

however, he doesn't feel that way anymore. after getting used to being on stage, chan realized he was born to be on one. sure, there's a tiny bit of anxiety in him, but the feeling of bliss doesn't match those nerves.

so... he forgets them. he focuses on his heartbeat, his feet, his body, his mind, the music. suddenly, the crowd is gone from chan's vision and he smiles at the empty room. the familiar beat of Sweet by Cigarettes After Sex plays in his ears, and it's the only thing he can hear as he moves his body.

an arm goes up, the opposite arm moves to the side and his torso follows. chan's eyes are closed, but when he opens them, twelve faces are looking back at him.

half of them were on one side, and the other half on the opposite side. chan blinked, his smile broadening because he knew that only in his mind, it was just the thirteen of them.

the song was coming to an end. chan dropped to the ground, gracefully folding his body so he was holding his knees to his chest, gently. the applause from the audience was overwhelming and when chan finally looked up to see everyone's expression, a laugh made its way out of his mouth once he saw his idiotic friends.

soonyoung, being the supportive but slightly dramatic man he is, was holding a handmade sign with vibrant blue paint spelling out "LEE CHAN MARRY ME".

wonwoo was standing beside him, smacking his forehead with his palm due to second-hand embarrassment.

seungkwan was cheering along, clapping extremely loud to the point chan was concerned for his hands. he looked impressed, fond. chan melted from his gaze.

chan walked behind the curtains, immediately met by his students. "Mr. Lee, you did so good!"

he hugged his students, knowing they meant their words, considering how they looked at him.

"how many times do i have to tell you, you're not allowed back here!" someone shouted and chan looked over his shoulder, his eyes widening when he saw the scene unfold.

twelve bodies were trying to make it through the back door, and all of them were clearly struggling. the girl who volunteered to help out with backstage, looked completely lost and extremely frustrated.

chan made his way to where they were. "guys, what are you doing? backstage is a restricted area!" he told the girl that he knew them, and she sighed, muttering i should be getting paid for this under her breath, before walking away in defeat.

"we couldn't wait to see you, channie! you did so good!" seokmin threw himself at chan, arms wrapping around the dancers neck. "i didn't know you were this good at dancing, you killed it!"

chan couldn't help but laugh, completely flushed by all the compliments he was receiving. "thanks guys. you have no idea how i managed to pull that off so... elegantly?"

"what happened?" vernon asked nonchalantly.

chan shrugged, "i don't know. i guess i was just pretty worried before i got on stage... but all of you made me feel so much better once i saw your cute faces." and for joking purposes, chan reached out and pinched seungcheol's cheek, who was the closest to him. the oldest blushed, slapping his hand away.

"i think this calls for celebration," jeonghan announced, "drinks on chan!"

everyone chuckled after hearing chan's protest, but in the end he gave in because chan knew that their support meant the world to him.

-

while they were heading to the restaurant, chan felt a hand wrap around his arm, and he didn't have to look back to know it's seungkwan.

"can we talk?" he asked.

chan shook his head, "there's nothing to talk about."

"please, i know that i hurt you and i know that it was wrong of me—"

chan giggled, throwing his arm around seungkwan's shoulder. "hyung, there's nothing to talk about because I'm not mad at you."

seungkwan blinked, "what?"

"why would i be? i knew you didn't mean it. and yeah... it was pretty rude of me not to invite you guys, but truthfully, it was because i was nervous. i've only ever danced in front of vernon, but that's it. so it was embarrassing, you know?" chan looked at his friends ahead, who were busy talking with each other to notice seungkwan and chan. "i felt so much better once i saw you guys in the audience. i'm really happy you all came."

chan's arm dropped from seungkwan's shoulder, so he could turn to see his expression. "now i feel like an asshole." seungkwan said bluntly, making chan smile.

"well, that's because you are one," chan teased, yelping when seungkwan poked his side.

apparently, they were too preoccupied with their conversation, chan didn't see the huge crack in the sidewalk, he ended up tripping over it. chan felt like everyone around him turned into a blur as he grabbed seungkwan's collar and dragged him down with him. "chan!" seungkwan screamed.

both boys were practically nose to nose. chan had no idea what was happening because everything was going too fast for him. he was leaning against seungkwan's chest, breath fanning against the side of his cheek, that he realized had a cut on it. blood was trailing down, but they still didn't move.

"hyung...?" chan trailed off, his voice wavering.

seungkwan... he was trying to lean in.

"hey, what the hell are you guys doing?" someone shouted, and due to the surprise, they separated almost instantly, backing off and standing to their feet in a split second.

minghao wiped the blood off seungkwan's cheek while mingyu asked if they were okay.

the situation was quickly forgotten and not brought up for the rest of the night, which chan is grateful for because if someone asked what they were doing, chan wouldn't have an answer either.

soon enough, the day dragged on longer than it should have with seungkwan and chan avoiding each other as much as possible. and chan was relieved to know that his friends were oblivious as hell... thank god for that.

but chan also didn't notice jihoon eyeing him all night, either.

♥︎♥︎♥︎

A/N y'all that was dramatic as hell but that's my forté thank you very much!

AND I KNOW. there's too much boochan. I DONT CARE. they are my otp and i love them a lot and they deserve some appreciation!

but there will be definitely moments with ALL of the member individually, u have my word for it <3

hope you enjoyed reading! see you later.