twenty-one

if you're confused, pls read the authors note at the end :]

︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

the sound of the wind howling woke chan up. he still felt drowsy and his eyes could barely open. it was dark outside, so chan checked the time and noticed it was four in the morning. he tried to sit up, but something was holding him down. more like... someone. chan glanced at vernon, who was sound asleep. he couldn't see much because of how dark it was, but the movie they were watching was still quietly playing, so chan could see the way vernon's long eyelashes fluttered against his cheeks. his arms were strongly wrapped around chan, as if he was afraid chan would leave him.

"vernon?" chan gently shook the older boy, not wanting to scare him. "i need some water, can you let me go?"

he whined in response, but still let go. "come back quickly."

chan chuckled fondly.

as soon as he got back, chan sat next to vernon and leaned against his shoulder. in return, vernon wrapped his arm around chan, comfortably laying in silence.

"does this mean we're boyfriends?" vernon asked randomly.

chan was startled, but ended up laughing. "yeah, we are." and out of love, chan pressed his lips against vernon's jawline.

"i know i probably don't sound like it, but i'm really happy, chan," he said. chan hummed, eyes closed. "i always thought that i wouldn't be able to fall in love with someone, but then i met you. it sounds cheesy when i say this, but you changed my whole life when i met you."

"hyung, you're going to make me melt if you keep saying words like that," chan pulls vernon closer to him, the warmth making it impossible for them seperate. "i'm so glad we met each other."

vernon kissed the side of chan's temple. "but... can we talk about the others?"

"who?" chan asked, genuinely confused.

vernon laughed, "the others! our friends?"

"oh," chan snorted at himself. "what about them?"

"did you actually mean it... when you said you liked all twelve of us?" vernon asked. "i wanted to talk about everything yesterday, but i guess we kind of made out the whole night." he wiggled his eyebrows at chan teasingly, and the younger boy shoved his arm. chan couldn't help but giggle.

"to be honest, i was drunk and very confused. i'm not really sure what came over me?" chan sighed, "i only ever really liked you. i saw the other hyungs as friends, i really did. but after i kissed soonyoung hyung, i felt like i ruined everything by doing that, you know? and... now that i think of it, i probably only kissed him because i was trying to forget about you. it was as if i tried to force myself to move on because i never would have thought you would accept me.

"and ever since that day, it's been pretty hard on me because my feelings were all over the place. and that's the exact reason i drank," chan shook his head. "who knew alcohol almost ruined my life?"

vernon chuckled at that, "so you're okay now? are you still confused?"

the beat of vernon's heart was loud, and it was racing. chan knew how nervous he was to know the answer.

"i'm not confused, because i know who i want," chan slid his hand into vernon's, "and the only person i've wanted is you."

"you're going to make me cry," vernon whispers and chan laughs quietly. "thank you for everything."

and just like that, they fall asleep once again, hand in hand.

thank god it was a weekend.

♥︎♥︎♥︎

originally, the endgame was supposed to be ot13. but as i began to write the actual fic, i realized i made chansol's relationship stand out more than the others. and i also wrote the last three chapters twice because i wasn't satisfied with them.

i really hope everyone else was rooting for chansol, and i apologize if your other ships didn't end up together :( i know i wrote the chapters to make it seem like the others also liked chan back, but that was just to expand their bond!

hope you enjoyed this (slightly) short chapter, the next few are going to be silly and cute. and we're nearing the end of the fic too :O

have a great day! <3